Monday Night Football Bengals Game Forecast - Jan 2, 2023

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Monday Night Football Bengals Game Forecast - Jan 2, 2023

Post by tron777 »

We will continue the big game day discussion here. The 12Z NAM ends before game time but by the looks of it, if the SE Ridge can win that battle, we can try to keep the rain off to the West for the game. We will continue to watch this as some of you on here I am sure have tickets for the big game against Josh Allen and Co.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: Monday Night Football Bengals Game Forecast - Jan 2, 2023

Post by tron777 »

12Z GFS is not good for the game. Brings in the rain faster and ahead of the warm front just in time for the big game. Let's hope that isn't a trend.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:12 am 12Z GFS is not good for the game. Brings in the rain faster and ahead of the warm front just in time for the big game. Let's hope that isn't a trend.
I agree Les and would love to see a dry game but I like the Bengals running game compared to the Bills.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:14 am
tron777 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:12 am 12Z GFS is not good for the game. Brings in the rain faster and ahead of the warm front just in time for the big game. Let's hope that isn't a trend.
I agree Les and would love to see a dry game but I like the Bengals running game compared to the Bills.
I'd keep running Perine!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z GEFS valid for just before kickoff. Pretty much supporting the OP as far as timing goes.

GEFS.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z Euro is a tad slower so you might start the game dry but it doesn't last long. I'd say a wet 2nd half for sure ahead of the warm front.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

NAM and Euro have scattered activity with the GFS more of a general light to mod rain developing during the game. Heaviest certainly comes after midnight on all models but the coverage and timing are still being worked on for the game itself.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z NAM's timing was a little better for the game. Still going to leave scattered shower's into the forecast,. I cannot go completely dry ahead of the warm front.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good evening Bengals fans! Weather is going to be an issue for the game with rain, wind, and even some t-storms with lightning being possible. I don't expect any severe wx for the game, but any lightning in the area could cause for the game to be delayed. Something to watch. The wind will play havoc with the kicking and passing games so it may come down to running the football. The Bengals should have the advantage there IMO. Defense will be critical in forcing turnovers and with a wet ball the advantage goes to both defenses there. Should be an entertaining game with the weather throwing a wrench into the equation.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning folks! Overnight guidance has trended much better for the game! Scattered showers still possible. I'd still take the rain gear. But the heavier rains and t-storms are now holding off until midnight. So we should be able to get the game in (No Overtime LOL) before the heaviest action arrives. NAM, HRRR showing this very well. Temps should spike up into the 60s today for you tailgaters! A small shower chance this afternoon but most should stay dry thru 6pm. After that, 30% coverage increasing to 50% coverage for the game. We ramp up quickly after the game though so we'll see about that drive home. :lol: WHO DEY!!! Should be a fun game to watch for the home viewer / arm chair QB like me and some cold beer / wings! :thumbsup: Oh, and like last year, we can use this thread to discuss the game as it's unfolding like we did last year in those Play Off and Super Bowl threads. ;)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Still only seeing scattered showers from the 12Z NAM and HRRR runs then widespread action after midnight. 12Z GFS is finally on board now.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z Euro has 0.08" at CVG from now thru the end of the game. Steadier action, after midnight.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!! WHODEY!!!! 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

A few light sprinkles just South in KY currently so not too bad attm. The main rains are still down in AR and TN.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

4 hours and some change away from kick off! #WHODEY!

giphy.gif
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Should be a great game tonight and my guess these two teams will see each other one more time this season. Bills have a good defense and play a lot of zone so that means you need tight ends and running backs to catch some short passes and hopefully break a few for some longer gains. The Bills have a big strong QB in Josh Allen who reminds me of Big Ben because he is hard to bring down but he has the added feature of being able to run as well which Big Ben never had. No doubt Joe Burrow is the star on offense and the qb usually is but on defense Logan Wilson a Linebacker is becoming one of the best in the league. Watch him tonight especially if Allen runs the ball as Wilson should be close by.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Get those wings fried up and that beer cold! An hour away from kick off! Tim is back and we are ready to kick some ass! :boxing:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I think both teams will try and run the ball. Bengals have that 1-2 punch with Mixon and Perrine. Bills have a nice back who can run and catch in Singletary. Which team can win the battle in the trenches and can protect their QB the best and whose defense can create a turnover? Bills have the advantage clearly on paper in the kicking game. The veteran Tyler Bass /vs/ the young and up-and-coming Evan McPherson. Going to be a great game and I am with you Tim. This is an AFC Championship Preview. IF Cincy can win tonight they have a great shot at the #1 seed in the AFC (100% obtainable if they win tonight and next Sunday). Exciting times and a bright future ahead for this team if they can take care of business tonight. A win tonight secures a play-off berth and the winner of the AFC North.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Radar Check: Steadier rains working into extreme Western KY at this time. Winds will be Southerly and pick up 10 to 20 mph as the night wears on for those keeping track of the passing and kicking game. Temp in the mid 50s to start the game.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:26 pm I think both teams will try and run the ball. Bengals have that 1-2 punch with Mixon and Perrine. Bills have a nice back who can run and catch in Singletary. Which team can win the battle in the trenches and can protect their QB the best and whose defense can create a turnover? Bills have the advantage clearly on paper in the kicking game. The veteran Tyler Bass /vs/ the young and up-and-coming Evan McPherson. Going to be a great game and I am with you Tim. This is an AFC Championship Preview. IF Cincy can win tonight they have a great shot at the #1 seed in the AFC (100% obtainable if they win tonight and next Sunday). Exciting times and a bright future ahead for this team if they can take care of business tonight. A win tonight secures a play-off berth and the winner of the AFC North.
Great Post Les and we need KC to lose next Saturday against the Raiders to have a shot at the number 1 seed. A win tonight and next week will give you the number 2 seed which is two home games. Imo the wildcard team is the Chargers as their defense is really playing well the last several weeks and they have a good QB and RB combo. The good thing is no matter where the Bengals finish as a number 2,3, or 5 seed they will not face the chargers the first playoff week
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:37 pm
tron777 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:26 pm I think both teams will try and run the ball. Bengals have that 1-2 punch with Mixon and Perrine. Bills have a nice back who can run and catch in Singletary. Which team can win the battle in the trenches and can protect their QB the best and whose defense can create a turnover? Bills have the advantage clearly on paper in the kicking game. The veteran Tyler Bass /vs/ the young and up-and-coming Evan McPherson. Going to be a great game and I am with you Tim. This is an AFC Championship Preview. IF Cincy can win tonight they have a great shot at the #1 seed in the AFC (100% obtainable if they win tonight and next Sunday). Exciting times and a bright future ahead for this team if they can take care of business tonight. A win tonight secures a play-off berth and the winner of the AFC North.
Great Post Les and we need KC to lose next Saturday against the Raiders to have a shot at the number 1 seed. A win tonight and next week will give you the number 2 seed which is two home games. Imo the wildcard team is the Chargers as their defense is really playing well the last several weeks and they have a good QB and RB combo. The good thing is no matter where the Bengals finish as a number 2,3, or 5 seed they will not face the chargers the first playoff week
Thanks Tim! It's going to be a battle! Both teams are on fire! BUF with 6 wins in a row and Cincy with 7. Pretty evenly matched teams IMO. I am expecting an offensive shoot out but watch it be all defense and FG's instead :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Prayers with Damar Hamlin and his Bills team. :thumbsup: He was unconscious and CPR was performed and is on his way to a hospital.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

They have to cancel, it's a no Brainer at this point. Call it a tie and go home
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Bgoney wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:32 pm They have to cancel, it's a no Brainer at this point. Call it a tie and go home
I agree bro.

Hamlin was taken to U.C. Med.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

How can you expect the players to play . ? The only fair thing to do is call it a tie. That's just the way it is
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!