Uncle Les's Work Promotion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Uncle Les's Work Promotion

Post by tron777 »

Hello All:

This is an :offtopic: post obviously by the title but, I am putting it on the weather side simply to get more exposure. :lol:

Now... for those of you who know me, who really really know me. You've been with me from the beginning! On Skyeye Weather, Rich A's old forum... on this forum, side projects etc. Did you know? 15 years ago today, we attended Rich's Skyeye Weather Forum BBQ at his house! Who was there?? I know I met Trevor there, Rich A of course and Ruthie his wife, Rich G, Josh, Angelika, some members who are no longer here... etc. etc. I mean everybody was there! :lol: 15 years ago today we did that. Y'all remember? :lol:

Okay... anyway... for those who really know me, I have been working help desk for over 17 years now. I started in March of 2005 as a Siemen's employee. July 2011 Atos buys us out. May 31st 2021, Webhelp buys us out. Now thru all of this, I am still here, working level 1 helpdesk and some admin work too over the years for various customers.

I would commute from Burlington, KY to Mason, OH everyday until March of 2020 when COVID hit. We got sent home. I have been working from home ever since. The current customer I support is getting outsourced to another helpdesk (with our company - foreign helpdesk - CHEAPER - LOL) so I had to find another position within the company. I have found one now. Starting next week, I am going from a Level 1 to a Level 3 Helpdesk tech. I am part of the remote resolver group. I still work from home. Big raise! I will be supporting the Morgan Stanley Account. I am sure most of you have heard of them. ;) :lol: So.. I am not tooting my own horn here obviously, but just informing you all, my family, my friends, most of whom I have known for years of the big change coming in my life. I love you all and support you all just as you do me. I don't normally have good news to report so wanted to tell you all here once it became official, first hand! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Re: Uncle Les's Work Promotion

Post by cloudy72 »

Wow this is fantastic news, Les! Super congrats!!!! :) Aah yes Skyeye weather - I recall being excited waiting for RIch's next video to come out in the evening if there was a severe weather outbreak or a snowstorm predicted! I think I joined that forum after the BBQ, but learned a lot on that site and this one as well! Met a lot of awesome folk as well!!
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:46 am Wow this is fantastic news, Les! Super congrats!!!! :) Aah yes Skyeye weather - I recall being excited waiting for RIch's next video to come out in the evening if there was a severe weather outbreak or a snowstorm predicted! I think I joined that forum after the BBQ, but learned a lot on that site and this one as well! Met a lot of awesome folk as well!!
Trev was just a kid. I was thinner and had more hair. :lol: My how time flies! :lol: Thank you Mike! So glad you're here and you've stuck with us for all these years. :thumbsup: Hope we have some fun this winter early for a change but knowing Decembers, they have been Decembers to Forget rather than to Remember. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:29 am
Trev was just a kid. I was thinner and had more hair. :lol: My how time flies! :lol: Thank you Mike! So glad you're here and you've stuck with us for all these years. :thumbsup: Hope we have some fun this winter early for a change but knowing Decembers, they have been Decembers to Forget rather than to Remember. :lol:
Glad to be a part of the forum! :) I have my share of busts but try to be as accurate as I can. It is hard sometimes separating the passion I have to reality (i.e. models show no storms, but I really want it to storm). LOL And I have def put on some weight and lost hair since the Skyeye days!!
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:42 am
tron777 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:29 am
Glad to be a part of the forum! :) I have my share of busts but try to be as accurate as I can. It is hard sometimes separating the passion I have to reality (i.e. models show no storms, but I really want it to storm). LOL And I have def put on some weight and lost hair since the Skyeye days!!
I am very guilty of that when it comes to snow!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

kywthrluvr
Rain Shower

Post by kywthrluvr »

Congratulations on a much-deserved promotion! Love that you can still work from home...I know you don't miss that commute!
Leslie
Florence, KY
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

kywthrluvr wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:08 am Congratulations on a much-deserved promotion! Love that you can still work from home...I know you don't miss that commute!
Thank you Leslie! Oh, you got that right, especially during winter. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

dce
EF5 Tornado

Post by dce »

Congratulations! If you are as dedicated to your employer as you are to this forum I am sure it is well deserved! LoL! I especially love the part about the big raise! Awesome!
Doug

Huber Heights
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Great job Les and in today's world folks forget how important hard work is and how you will be rewarded sooner or later. With that raise I may need to get a higher quality beer from you someday lol. Great news Les and hopefully this forum will be around another 40 or 50 years.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Thank you Doug and Tim! Appreciate the kind words. I'd love for this forum to be around another 50 years! :) Oh and yeah, time to step up my beer game too! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CONGRATULATIONS LES ON THE BIG PROMOTION AND RAISE, BRO!!!! :drinkingcheers: :jumpeveryone: :partydance: 8-)

It was through another wx friend named Mary who directed me to AV through a news article about Trev's site and his meteorology passion from he and his family's story account about what ignited his interest in the atmospheric elements. :thumbupright:

Will be forever grateful for that link she posted to me and I've and always will continue to love this weather community and our online friendship family of enthusiasts!! 8-) :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Hey Eric, thank you Bro! You've been with us since Day 1, even before AV. :lol: Love it! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Woolyworm
Rain Shower

Post by Woolyworm »

Congrats from the woodpile.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Woolyworm wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:39 pm Congrats from the woodpile.
Thanks so much! Hope to see you all posting more from the wood pile esp this winter! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

Congrats Les. Please don't let this new job with new responsibilities interfere with your forum posting! ;) You have become a pro at juggling the two!! Nice to see good things happening to you!
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

snowbo wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:36 am Congrats Les. Please don't let this new job with new responsibilities interfere with your forum posting! ;) You have become a pro at juggling the two!! Nice to see good things happening to you!
Thanks Bo! I've been doing the dance for a long time now! I'm hoping after I am done with training (doing that right now lol) that I'll have more time to post. At least I hope so. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

winterstormjoe
EF0 Tornado

Post by winterstormjoe »

Congrats Les on your new job responsibilities, maybe this change will change our luck in the snow weenie dept! Lol
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

winterstormjoe wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:45 pm Congrats Les on your new job responsibilities, maybe this change will change our luck in the snow weenie dept! Lol
Thanks Joe! I'll try anything to change our luck for the winter. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

mikeyp
Heavy Rain

Post by mikeyp »

Congratulations Les! That is awesome news and congratulations!! Well deserved to a great person!
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Good things happen to good people. Congrats Les. Sounds like a nice set-up. Working at home was already like getting a raise(gas money) , now the cherry on top
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mike / Bgoney...

Thank you both so much! You guys are pretty great yourselves. ;) You both are great at your jobs too! But yeah, working from home is like getting a raise with the gas money you save, no question! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

House of Cards
Heavy Rain

Post by House of Cards »

cloudy72 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:46 am Wow this is fantastic news, Les! Super congrats!!!! :) Aah yes Skyeye weather - I recall being excited waiting for RIch's next video to come out in the evening if there was a severe weather outbreak or a snowstorm predicted! I think I joined that forum after the BBQ, but learned a lot on that site and this one as well! Met a lot of awesome folk as well!!
I used to watch his videos on dial up! Talk about ssssssllllllllllloooowwwwww. :lol:

Way to go on your promotion Les! I've never actually met you in person (nor really almost any of our posters except WinterStormJoe who works where I do) but you've always been a great friend to me with my many PM's with questions and what not. I'm glad your work situation is on the uphill, you deserve it.
Located at intersection of Blue Rock Rd and I-275/SR 126 Hwy in Colerain
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

House of Cards wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:34 am
I used to watch his videos on dial up! Talk about ssssssllllllllllloooowwwwww. :lol:

Way to go on your promotion Les! I've never actually met you in person (nor really almost any of our posters except WinterStormJoe who works where I do) but you've always been a great friend to me with my many PM's with questions and what not. I'm glad your work situation is on the uphill, you deserve it.
Thanks Dave! Appreciate it. :) You've always been a stand up guy yourself and a pleasure to talk too and discuss things on here both weather and non-weather related things.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

Mr. Lester is a dear friend of mine. He’s one of us OG Cincinnati weather forum members. He’s the bees knees. Dude loves the snow more than I, but alas he’s one of the best guys I know and a true honor to call a best friend. Congrats sir. Much deserved promotion. Keep up all the great work you do. Much love, brother!
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Trevor wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:39 pm Mr. Lester is a dear friend of mine. He’s one of us OG Cincinnati weather forum members. He’s the bees knees. Dude loves the snow more than I, but alas he’s one of the best guys I know and a true honor to call a best friend. Congrats sir. Much deserved promotion. Keep up all the great work you do. Much love, brother!
Thank you very much Trev! I really appreciate it man. We go back a long way don't we? From your high school days where we met at the Ham. Co spotter training class, to me kicking your ass in music trivia at BW3's. Yes Sir! Our history runs deep as does our love for weather. I'm not afraid to say it, I love you too Trev! You are also a great guy and I am also honored to have you as a best friend. :) Thanks for always keeping our forum going so I have a place to post and talk weather with folks. This wouldn't be possible without you!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page