19 students; 2 teachers killed in TX school massacre

This is NOT a Political Forum! Do not use it as such.
News, Music, TV, and all sources of media.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

19 students; 2 teachers killed in TX school massacre

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/texa ... 5DFCJAM54/

Happened at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, TX. :o :cry:
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Fri May 27, 2022 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: 14 students; teacher killed in TX school massacre

Post by tron777 »

Just tuning in now... So sad! So far it looks like 14 children are dead and 1 teacher. :(
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Now at 19 kids and 2 adults dead. :cry:

Shooter shot his grandmother, too, before heading to the school. :cry: His grandmother is in stable condition.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Thu May 26, 2022 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

This completely tears me up. Having two daughters I cannot even fathom this happening. And please congress folk - shut your mouth on gun control now is not the time or place. Find votes someplace else.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:22 am This completely tears me up. Having two daughters I cannot even fathom this happening. And please congress folk - shut your mouth on gun control now is not the time or place. Find votes someplace else.
HERE! HERE! AMEN!!!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

cloudy72 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:22 am This completely tears me up. Having two daughters I cannot even fathom this happening. And please congress folk - shut your mouth on gun control now is not the time or place. Find votes someplace else.
1000% agree, bro!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-school ... 1bt2,hp1bt

Sadly of course commierats like Beto O'Dork just couldn't resist grandstanding during Gov Greg Abbott and Lt Gov Dan Patrick's press briefing and made a complete arse of himself!!

Sen Ted Cruz and Uvalde Mayor Don McLaughlin both understandably called O'Dork out on what he was doing!!
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Reports are the nutjob was in the school for nearly 60 minutes. Have to say that looks really bad on the police dept. part
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Bgoney wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:50 pm Reports are the nutjob was in the school for nearly 60 minutes. Have to say that looks really bad on the police dept. part
It sure does, bro. Parents were shouting at police to hurry up.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Sorry guys , the fact that the NRA is still having their thing being held in Texas and Trump still speaking there, it is embarrassing and completely out of line. I dont care what's said that I probably might agree with , now is not a time for it.
Last edited by Bgoney on Fri May 27, 2022 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:07 pm Sorry guys , the fact that the NRA is still having their thing being held in Texas and Trump still speaking there, it is embarrassing and completely out of line. I care what's said that I probably might agree with , now is not a time for it.
I get it completely. But I believe that the city (HOU) already had a contract with the NRA long, long ago and it couldn't be terminated. Unfortunately, the "show had to go on" if you will. Now what I don't know is that were the speakers, or line up that they already had scheduled to speak... were they under contact too or could they have easily backed out under respect for what happened in Uvalde? That is what I don't know about that particular story. I agree with you too as I wish it could have been cancelled.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:31 pm
Bgoney wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:07 pm Sorry guys , the fact that the NRA is still having their thing being held in Texas and Trump still speaking there, it is embarrassing and completely out of line. I care what's said that I probably might agree with , now is not a time for it.

I get it completely. But I believe that the city (HOU) already had a contract with the NRA long, long ago and it couldn't be terminated. Unfortunately, the "show had to go on" if you will. Now what I don't know is that were the speakers, or line up that they already had scheduled to speak... were they under contact too or could they have easily backed out under respect for what happened in Uvalde? That is what I don't know about that particular story. I agree with you too as I wish it could have been cancelled.
Maybe so, but I think if the NRA asked the powers that be in Houston that they would like to reschedule (not cancel) in light of what happened, Those officials would agree, or they would look like fools for not allowing so.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:16 pm
tron777 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:31 pm

Maybe so, but I think if the NRA asked the powers that be in Houston that they would like to reschedule (not cancel) in light of what happened, Those officials would agree, or they would look like fools for not allowing so.
I think that could have been arranged or one would think so. That's a good point you brought up that I did not think of. :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

It looks really bad on the police dept as you guys have mentioned. The gunman was in there for like an hour before anyone did anything if I am understanding the story correctly? Furthermore, the Uvalude police dept. on a map looks to be pretty close to the school. Like they could have been there in the 5-10 min range. Of course we don't know all of the circumstances and we have a lot of questions to be answered, but something just doesn't seem right about this one.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: 19 students; 2 teachers killed in TX school massacre

Post by MVWxObserver »

Totally agree with you Bgoney and Les re the timing of Houston's hosting of the weekend NRA convention.

Gov Greg Abbott i.e. may be the only one of the scheduled slate of the NRA's speakers to have respectfully backed out as he gave another press briefing this afternoon in Uvalde.

From this afternoon's press conference with Steve McCraw who is the Exec Director and Colonel of the TX Dept of Public Safety, he said among other things that a teacher had left the backdoor propped open i.e. just a few minutes before the shooter entered the school grounds and approached the bldg. :o

Also the local police should NOT have delayed the tactical force units there at the school bldg from entering. IMO in the aftermath of the Uvalde situation i.e. no law enforcement branch should interfere with another on taking immediate action in pursuit of a shooter.

Sadly, law enforcement handled this situation as a barricaded shooter scenario instead of an active shooter one upon arrival.

I see A LOT of lawsuits coming on this one!
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Fri May 27, 2022 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: 19 students; 2 teachers killed in TX school massacre

Post by MVWxObserver »

Sadly, one of the teachers who was murdered, her husband had a fatal heart attack yesterday (Thurs). :cry:

The couple left behind 4 children. :(