Legalization of Marijuana?

This is NOT a Political Forum! Do not use it as such.
News, Music, TV, and all sources of media.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Legalization of Marijuana?

Post by MVWxObserver »

So today the U.S. House passed a bill for the legalization of marijuana in general. The 3 Republican reps who went in with the Dems on it are Brian Mast and Matt Gaetz both of FL and Tom McClintock of CA.

My family and I know firsthand the devastating effects of marijuana addiction because I have a cousin who resides in Eaton, OH who is an extreme addict. :( He can barely hold down jobs because of it and on top of his addiction he's bi polar and has some schizophrenia, too. :( My cousin has also contemplated suicide at times. :( There have been case studies that marijuana over time can even lead a user to having psychosis in some individuals.

I know the argument debate both ways, but for myself and my folks, we view this issue, if it passes in the Senate, as it'll only truly drive up crime and add to vehicle crashes. My local sheriff i.e. is against it and I reckon that my local police chief is also.

Sidenote: Decades ago society didn't think that alcohol i.e. would be an issue post-Prohibition, but as we know since then of course there's been a lot of senseless tragedies related to it. Crashes, hazing, crime ...

Yes, other things are distractions, too, when driving i.e. but the potential legalization of weed will only make things worse imo.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: Legalization of Marijuana?

Post by tron777 »

Well you would have to have DUI for being stoned too just like you do for drunk driving. I did hear years ago that some MIT students were working on making a breathalyzer that tested for THC. They will probably have to do something along those lines I would bet. What people do behind closed doors is their business but when it effects others in public, then it's a different story. Just like with drinking, you can either handle your liquor or you can't. We'll probably see the same type of things with weed too.

However, I will say one thing, there are some scientifically proven medical benefits from weed. The THC can help with some people who have brain issues, seizures, those kinds of things. I'd like to see more research go into helping to stop some forms of cancer, but we need more research there before I'll believe it.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page