July 2023 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tpweather
Hurricane

Re: July 2023 Weather Discussion

Post by tpweather »

Good Afternoon and it looks like my weather station had a problem last night. Shows no rainfall but my back up guage shows nearly 2 inches. I know it was raining because of the constant thunder and lightning and then stops for a small time and then right back in action.The NWS has cancelled the excessive heat advisory which makes sense. Still believe we can get the 90-92 this afternoon as the dew points have dropped some and this should allow temps to rise somewhat this afternoon. Models really had problems this week with the rainfall and I still believe in our area they were just forecasting temps to high to begin with. The one thing we have noticed this spring and summer is when the heat makes a run towards the north and east somebody gets slammed with heavy rain. Many times especially once you really get into the heart of summer the heat wins but not so much this summer.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Trevor wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:58 pm
tron777 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:43 pm 0.02" here for my total so far and that is since midnight.
Man you must have just been outside those training storms last night. Greens are radar estimated 2-3”+.
Yes Sir. All north of me.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

dce wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:08 pm What was supposed to be the hottest day has been kept in check from rain and clouds. Still time to heat up if the sun comes out for a couple hours, otherwise, huge bust on the excessive heat warnings that were put out but the NWS.
That dew point and high humidity are no joke. No busting as far as that is concerned. Thank goodness for the clouds to be honest. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:10 pm Good Afternoon and it looks like my weather station had a problem last night. Shows no rainfall but my back up guage shows nearly 2 inches. I know it was raining because of the constant thunder and lightning and then stops for a small time and then right back in action.The NWS has cancelled the excessive heat advisory which makes sense. Still believe we can get the 90-92 this afternoon as the dew points have dropped some and this should allow temps to rise somewhat this afternoon. Models really had problems this week with the rainfall and I still believe in our area they were just forecasting temps to high to begin with. The one thing we have noticed this spring and summer is when the heat makes a run towards the north and east somebody gets slammed with heavy rain. Many times especially once you really get into the heart of summer the heat wins but not so much this summer.
Agreed Tim... visible shows that the clouds are just about ready to exit stage right and plenty of sun remains back across Indy.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Got a brief ground wetter this morning.

Currently 82 with a DP of 68 with a revised high to top at around 84 here in G'ville.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

1627 UNK 3 SSW MOUNT STERLING FAYETTE OH 3969 8329 TREES WERE BLOWN DOWN IN THE MOUNT STERLING AREA. TIME ESTIMATED FROM RADAR. (ILN)

1703 UNK Chillicothe Ross OH 3934 8298 Several trees ... large limbs of 6-12 inch in diameter ... downed in Chillicothe. Time estimated by radar. (ILN)

1725 UNK Vanceburg Lewis KY 3860 8332 trees down on KY-8. (ILN)

0143 UNK 1 N Van Wert Van Wert OH 4088 8458 Tree down. (IWX)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

* Primary threats include...

Scattered damaging wind gusts to 70 mph possible
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

84 currently at CVG. They may have hit 86 about 2 hours ago but otherwise... back down to 84 at this point in time. if we can get a little more sun, 90 is still doable otherwise, if the clouds hang a little more tough as they currently are doing, then of course we won't. :lol: Still..,. a lot of uncertainty with regards to future storm development.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:54 pm 84 currently at CVG. They may have hit 86 about 2 hours ago but otherwise... back down to 84 at this point in time. if we can get a little more sun, 90 is still doable otherwise, if the clouds hang a little more tough as they currently are doing, then of course we won't. :lol: Still..,. a lot of uncertainty with regards to future storm development.
Great Post Les and with some heavy rain locally going to be hard to hit 90. The airport got hit hard last night and even if the sun comes out it will draw moisture from the ground and will keep the sky at least partly cloudy. We talked about earlier this week that storms could affect the temps later in the week and that no doubt has happened. Models have been all over the place so hard to follow them but I thought ahead of the front we may get that push of warmer air on Saturday but not betting the ranch on that especially the way this week has gone. No matter what happens that dew point is brutal and rising again this afternoon which would leave me to believe that more storms could happen this evening or overnight.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

We should see more storms tonight Tim, I would agree, but the uncertainly lies as to when and where. I suspect that we'll see a new MCS form over Northern ILL to impact Chicago, Northern IN / OH and Southern Lower Mich. Then the "tail" then extends to the SW from it will be the focal point for storms for the I-70 Crew and points south i our forecast area overnight into Sat morning. That is my current guess as to what I think may happen. I'll be in the car headed to Mich after work in a couple more hours.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Oh by the way... if CVG gets 89'ed or 90'ed today thru Sunday... if someone would please update the contest thread for me that would be great. I can take it back over next week. Appreciate it folks, thank you! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:24 pm Oh by the way... if CVG gets 89'ed or 90'ed today thru Sunday... if someone would please update the contest thread for me that would be great. I can take it back over next week. Appreciate it folks, thank you! :)
I will take care of the contest Les. Enjoy your trip and some cooler weather. I will be heading to Wisconsin in 3 weeks and then taking my oldest grandson to Ithaca,Ny to attend college.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:52 pm
tron777 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:24 pm Oh by the way... if CVG gets 89'ed or 90'ed today thru Sunday... if someone would please update the contest thread for me that would be great. I can take it back over next week. Appreciate it folks, thank you! :)
I will take care of the contest Les. Enjoy your trip and some cooler weather. I will be heading to Wisconsin in 3 weeks and then taking my oldest grandson to Ithaca,Ny to attend college.
Awesome Tim! Thanks so much. We are expecting the front to pass thru Lower Mich tomorrow morning with humidity lowering as the day wears on. Sunday is awesome with lows in the 50s and highs in the upper 70s! :) Hopefully you will have similar weather when you go back up to Wisc. Upstate NY is also very nice! Been there walleye fishing once at Henderson Harbor, NY (East end of Lake Ontario about 20 mins S of Watertown). Very nice area and the people are super friendly too.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

87 now at CVG with that awful dew point of 79. YUCK! Heat index is now at 101.

Radar showing a few showers trying to get going to the West of Dayton.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

dce
EF5 Tornado

Post by dce »

tron777 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:08 pm
dce wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:08 pm What was supposed to be the hottest day has been kept in check from rain and clouds. Still time to heat up if the sun comes out for a couple hours, otherwise, huge bust on the excessive heat warnings that were put out but the NWS.
That dew point and high humidity are no joke. No busting as far as that is concerned. Thank goodness for the clouds to be honest. :lol:
I feel it! Very moist out there no doubt! Just not a heat index of 105 yet. But still time though. It's heating up fast with the sun out. Even if it hits warning criteria it won't be long enough to warrant excessive heat warnings. Just think of how it would feel today if we hadn't received the rain and clouds! :fireface: :fireface: :fireface:
Doug

Huber Heights
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

dce wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:13 pm
I feel it! Very moist out there no doubt! Just not a heat index of 105 yet. But still time though. It's heating up fast with the sun out. Even if it hits warning criteria it won't be long enough to warrant excessive heat warnings. Just think of how it would feel today if we hadn't received the rain and clouds! :fireface: :fireface: :fireface:
I absolutely agree that the warning criteria was a bust. I'm happy about that lol
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

We hit 90 at 5pm with a dew point of 77. Feels wonderful lol. I will update the contest.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:55 pm
dce wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:13 pm
I absolutely agree that the warning criteria was a bust. I'm happy about that lol
Same here Bro! :)

My sister and niece are coming up from western NC for an uncle's memorial service tomorrow and will be getting here in about an hour and a half. :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:23 pm We should see more storms tonight Tim, I would agree, but the uncertainly lies as to when and where. I suspect that we'll see a new MCS form over Northern ILL to impact Chicago, Northern IN / OH and Southern Lower Mich. Then the "tail" then extends to the SW from it will be the focal point for storms for the I-70 Crew and points south i our forecast area overnight into Sat morning. That is my current guess as to what I think may happen. I'll be in the car headed to Mich after work in a couple more hours.
Have a great trip Les! :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Hi Tim,

What is your oldest grandson planning to major in? :)

Currently 86 with a DP of 70 here in G'ville.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

MVWxObserver wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:14 pm
Hi Tim,

Hey Eric, hope you and your family are doing well. He plans to do pre-med and then head to medical school. Only time will tell but a smart kid who graduated a year early so he can do anything he wants if he sets his mind too it.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tpweather wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:17 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:14 pm
Hi Tim,

Hey Eric, hope you and your family are doing well. He plans to do pre-med and then head to medical school. Only time will tell but a smart kid who graduated a year early so he can do anything he wants if he sets his mind too it.
We're all doing well, Wxbuddy. :) I hope that you and your family are, too. :)

I wish him the very best and in a few years you'll have two docs in the family. 8-)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CVG 91, DAY 88 and CMH 82 today.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

* Primary threats include...

Scattered damaging winds likely with isolated significant gusts to 80 mph possible

Isolated large hail events to 1.5 inches in diameter possible

A tornado or two possible
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----