MLB 2021 Discussion

Sports Talk of all kinds!
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Re: MLB 2021 Discussion

Post by Bgoney »

MVWxObserver wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:01 pm https://www.wdtn.com/news/u-s-world/mlb ... trictions/

Both sad and petty that MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred has decided to pull out of the deal designation with Atlanta hosting this season's 2021 All-Star game and playing politics with the Peach State over an election honesty voting bill. Just more caving spelunking to the Left. :roll:
Lol, talk about slippery slope. What an idiot. This is what happens when you believe the MSM narrative, you make stupid decisions. What about almost all other states that require proper identification. ? What about the next poor me group that has a complaint about a states stance on issues? These pro leagues and fortune 500 businesses have dipped their toes in muddy waters never to be clean again. Endless number of poor me groups to come out those waters to say , hey baseball or football or take your pick, how about sticking up for me ?, what can you do for me? You must boycot this or that or we'll protest at your front door . Sure its already happened but you Aint seen nothing yet. I will be lmao when all this inevitably happens , because they have no idea how deep this slippery slope can get.
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

All of the money and power keeps caving into the left. A lot of Sports organizations are doing this. It's a shame. A lot of people seem to forget that sports is there for our entertainment. Making it political is going to be the death of sports just like a lot of other things.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:50 am All of the money and power keeps caving into the left. A lot of Sports organizations are doing this. It's a shame. A lot of people seem to forget that sports is there for our entertainment. Making it political is going to be the death of sports just like a lot of other things.
I never watch the CNN of the sports world, ESPN, its just unbearable. Even ESPN radio shows are unbearable. I use to listen to Mike and Mike back in the day, those days are over. The only sports radio show I listen to is Clay Travis and Outkick the coverage, the only show left to call out pro sport hypocrisy
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:56 am
tron777 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:50 am All of the money and power keeps caving into the left. A lot of Sports organizations are doing this. It's a shame. A lot of people seem to forget that sports is there for our entertainment. Making it political is going to be the death of sports just like a lot of other things.
I never watch the CNN of the sports world, ESPN, its just unbearable. Even ESPN radio shows are unbearable. I use to listen to Mike and Mike back in the day, those days are over. The only sports radio show I listen to is Clay Travis and Outkick the coverage, the only show left to call out pro sport hypocrisy
I used to watch ESPN a lot as well. But since the Disney / ABC / ESPN merger, it's all liberal now and as you said, completely unwatchable.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

You know who they are coming after next don't you? The Masters, no doubt about it. I'll bet players ,sponsors, pga officials and the like have already or will be contacted with pressure to speak out or boycot. Once the NCAA tournament is out of the way ,all eyes will be on the next premiere event of spring, Golf is next man up on the mobs hit list. Then we'll have the Kentucky Derby to be vilified for the next big event. There is no end in sight , unfortunately.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Cincy won Sat 9-6! :)

Rubber match at 1:10 Easter Sunday as Jeff Hoffman takes the mound vs Carlos Martinez.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

5-2 and the Tigers win again! We will try and get the brooms out this afternoon at 1:10pm. Tarik Skubal is another new comer to the pitching staff and he gets the call.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Redlegs crucified the Birdies on Easter 12-1 and took 2 out of 3 for Opening weekend!! :cheerleaderguy: :clappingorange:

Next the guys host the Pirates for 3 games to round out the first home stand of the season.

Jose De Leon takes on J.T. Brubaker at 6:40 Mon.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

We got killed 9-3 today. Next up is a date with the Twins in Detroit. First pitch is tomorrow at 1:10pm. José Ureña gets the start.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:01 pm https://www.wdtn.com/news/u-s-world/mlb ... trictions/

Both sad and petty that MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred has decided to pull out of the deal designation with Atlanta hosting this season's 2021 All-Star game and playing politics with the Peach State over an election honesty voting bill. Just more caving spelunking to the Left. :roll:
And a day after making a deal with the commie Chi-Coms as well. Kind of funny how they are punishing a state whom they are trying to turn blue. Don't think this is one of the bullet items on the list to accomplish that goal. Cobb County, which voted for Biden, stands to lose $100 million dollars because of this. And I thought the dems cared about the ordinary folk. Guess not huh.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:30 pm Redlegs crucified the Birdies on Easter 12-1 and took 2 out of 3 for Opening weekend!! :cheerleaderguy: :clappingorange:

Next the guys host the Pirates for 3 games to round out the first home stand of the season.

Jose De Leon takes on J.T. Brubaker at 6:40 Mon.
"The Reds scored 27 runs and totaled 30 hits in their first three games of the season, the third-most runs they've scored through three games in club history (36 in 1895 and 33 in 1976) according to Elias Sports Bureau"
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Got killed 15-1! Yikes./.. next one with the Twins is 1:10pm Tuesday. Casey Mize a new rookie gets the start.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

The guys won 5-3! :)

Wade Miley squares away vs Trevor Cahill at 6:40 Tues.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Tigers win 4-3! Rubber match with the Twins tomorrow afternoon, Wed at 1:!0pm. Matthew Boyd gets the start.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Holy cow! Reds are 4-1 after annihilating the Bucos! Is this a dream?
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

cloudy72 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:11 pm Holy cow! Reds are 4-1 after annihilating the Bucos! Is this a dream?
Hey Mike,

Looks like our guys are steamrolling after an initial shaky Opening Day!! :jumpeveryone: 8-)

Luis Castillo takes on Chad Kuhl in a 12:35 Business Day Special rubber match on Wed.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:49 pm Luis Castillo takes on Chad Kuhl in a 12:35 Business Day Special rubber match on Wed.
Hopefully that Opening Day start was just a fluke and he can shake it off and pitch a gem.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Hope the Tigers can get themselves going. The so-called experts all say another losing season coming. Still a rebuilding year. Give me a break! Yeah, we've got some rookies and young guys but Miggy and a few older ones are also still around. Boyd needs to step it up on the mound this year and become the teams new ace. His first outing was good, so hoping todays will be as well.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:06 am Hope the Tigers can get themselves going. The so-called experts all say another losing season coming. Still a rebuilding year. Give me a break! Yeah, we've got some rookies and young guys but Miggy and a few older ones are also still around. Boyd needs to step it up on the mound this year and become the teams new ace. His first outing was good, so hoping todays will be as well.
I feel for ya, Bro, and other Tigers fans! :thumbupleft:
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

cloudy72 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:43 am
MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:49 pm Luis Castillo takes on Chad Kuhl in a 12:35 Business Day Special rubber match on Wed.
Hopefully that Opening Day start was just a fluke and he can shake it off and pitch a gem.
Mike,

And a gem he did as Cincy swept Pburgh in 3, 11-4!! :thumbupleft:

An off day Thurs and then a 6 games Western road trip starting with 3 in Phoenix vs the Diamondbacks.

Tyler Mahle takes the mound vs TBD at 9:40 Fri.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Boyd had 7 good innings today. Not his fault, but the guys lost 3-2. Off Thursday. Next up is a road trip to Cle Fri night at 7:10pm with a series with the Indians. Julio Teheran kicks it off for Detroit.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Keepin' it Rollin' as the guys won 6-5 last night in 10 innings for their 6th win in a row! :rockout: :cheerleaderguy:

Jeff Hoffman squares away vs rookie Riley Smith at 8:10 Sat.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Starting P Jeff Hoffman crapped out in his 2nd appearance as the guys are getting killed 8-3!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

The guys snapped their 6 games winning streak as they fell last night 8-3.

Hopefully can get back on track today as Jose De Leon takes on Luke Weaver at 4:10 in the rubber match.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

HELL YEAH!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.