The AV Jams Thread!

This is NOT a Political Forum! Do not use it as such.
News, Music, TV, and all sources of media.
tron777
Major Hurricane

The AV Jams Thread!

Post by tron777 »

Discuss all things musical here! Who is the greatest guitarist of all time? Greatest drummer? Rock, Pop, Country, Oldies... We all know what we like! :P
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: The AV Jams Thread!

Post by tron777 »

Since Aaron has installed the Media plug in, we can truly Jam Out in the AV Jams Thread.

We'll get it started with a performance from Eric Clapton and Peter Frampton at The Cross Roads Guitar Festival in 2019.

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

I love this topic and really one that is fun to discuss with no wrong answers. Music was always a part of my life compared to my wife where very little music was played growing up. I tend to follow progressive rock and heavy metal but love any music that sounds good to my ears.

Favorite Group- Rush and that started in 1976 with the album 2112

Favorite Drummer- Neil Peart of Rush who died last year.

Favorite Guitar Player- Ritchie Blackmore who played in 2 main groups which include Deep Purple and Rainbow

Favorite Bass Player - Geddy Lee of Rush who also is the lead singer, keyboard player and arranges most of the music that Neil writes.

I could go on and on because there are many talented musicians and for me music has always been a soothing sound and even talking about heavy metal that puts me into a fun mood.

Love to hear others and their thoughts and of course being older I don't listen to many new bands which is something I need to do more often
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Awesome post, Tim! Dad raised me on classic rock and Mom liked the 50s and 60s bubble gum oldies and Motown. So most things rock n roll I like! I'll post my favorites like Tim did.

Favorite Group - A tough one here with so many awesome bands to pick from. Going to say The Beatles just because they influenced so many musicians and bands after their legendry careers had long finished. Musicians today are still impacted by their music.

Favorite Drummer - Neil Peart of Rush who died last year. - Have to 100% agree with Tim on this one!

Favorite Guitar Player - So many good ones here! I'll have to go with Jimi Hendrix. For a lefty, my gosh! Have not seen anyone with those kind of chops since.

Favorite Bass Player - Les Claypool bassist for Primus. Just an awesome bass player who really knows how to jam on a bass!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page