February 2021 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: February 2021 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

Early evening update from the boys:

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM MONDAY MORNING/...
Rain continues to exit the forecast area late this afternoon
with just some activity lingering in southeast counties.
However, this will only be a lull. Convection is already
developing in southern Illinois. There is little no instability
forecast this far east, so convection is expected to congeal
into another area of rain that will track across the region
tonight. At this point, believe that additional rainfall will be
1/2 inch or less. This could cause renewed flooding or
exacerbate ongoing flooding, so decided to extend the flood
watch until the rain comes to an end for good later tonight as a
cold front moves through the area. In the wake of the front,
winds will increase with some gusts over 25 mph in the cold air
advection.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:03 pm Nice snow storm going on over Sothern Ontario in the area I used to go to on vacation.

Canadian Snow.png
I see Chapleau on that map, one year we drove up to there, about 12 people all together, then we took a single engine prop plane for about 45 min. to a lake and stayed a week , just our group, a real survival trip, lol
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:19 pm
tron777 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:03 pm Nice snow storm going on over Sothern Ontario in the area I used to go to on vacation.

Canadian Snow.png
I see Chapleau on that map, one year we drove up to there, about 12 people all together, then we took a single engine prop plane for about 45 min. to a lake and stayed a week , just our group, a real survival trip, lol
My Dad went out of Chapleau many times before I was born. He, his Dad sometimes his older brother would go on trips. They would drive 3 or 4 hours north of Chapleau and stop along the way and camp. Had a small boat too. This was about 40 years ago. They had a bear come and rip up one of the tents on one occasion. Luckily the bear came and went when they were out fishing. Came back with some walleye for dinner and saw the evidence left behind.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

KYRain.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MJSun
Thunder Storm

Post by MJSun »

tron777 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:19 pm
MJSun wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:08 pm Silly question- can we edit our username? I don't know how it was Mjsun instead of MJSun. :P
An Admin has to fix it. We gotcha covered!
Thank you!!!
Mollie
Cincinnati: Batavia/Amelia (H), Norwood (W)

The extent of my weather knowledge is pointing at the sky and saying what color it is.

:bouncymulti:
Ddmeyer004
Rain Shower

Post by Ddmeyer004 »

Hey Les I’m back....glad things worked out for all of us

Executive Pitmaster/Owner
Flyin Swine BBQ Competition Team
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Picked up a half inch in my gauge from last night through today. :)
Angelika
Heavy Rain

Post by Angelika »

Trevor wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:27 pm Wonder if Ang escaped any water issues? Maybe she’ll chime in later.
Hey Trev, thanks for thinking of me! Since we didn't get any hard downpours we did ok. Whew! On another note, is anyone else not able to view attachments on posts or is it just me?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Angela
--
On the border of Hamilton and Butler Counties in Fairfield Ohio
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Ddmeyer004 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:36 pm Hey Les I’m back....glad things worked out for all of us
Glad you're back Dave! 8-) Look forward to getting some good weather for firing up the smoker in the not so distant future!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Ang... we will look into that, thank you!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Tacked on a few hundredths for a final total of 0.70"
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

kywthrluvr
Rain Shower

Post by kywthrluvr »

tron777 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:40 am Ang... we will look into that, thank you!
I had the same issue and realized it was because I was not logged in.
Leslie
Florence, KY
snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

tron777 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:08 pm

Canadian Snow.png
My Dad went out of Chapleau many times before I was born. He, his Dad sometimes his older brother would go on trips. They would drive 3 or 4 hours north of Chapleau and stop along the way and camp. Had a small boat too. This was about 40 years ago. They had a bear come and rip up one of the tents on one occasion. Luckily the bear came and went when they were out fishing. Came back with some walleye for dinner and saw the evidence left behind.
We fly out of Hornepayne (northwest of Wawa), been doing it for 30 years. Beautiful country and great fishing! Nice snow up that way. My phone was humming with all the alerts for that area.
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

kywthrluvr wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:21 am
tron777 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:40 am Ang... we will look into that, thank you!
I had the same issue and realized it was because I was not logged in.
Awesome Leslie! Appreciate any feedback while we get our new home tweaked and updated. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

snowbo wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:17 am

Canadian Snow.png
We fly out of Hornepayne (northwest of Wawa), been doing it for 30 years. Beautiful country and great fishing! Nice snow up that way. My phone was humming with all the alerts for that area.
We used to go to Loch Island Lodge. We stayed on Otter Island and had a blast! Awesome fishing, camp fires... had a whole 7 acre island to ourselves to raise hell on lol
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

kywthrluvr
Rain Shower

Post by kywthrluvr »

tron777 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:48 am
snowbo wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:17 am

Canadian Snow.png
We used to go to Loch Island Lodge. We stayed on Otter Island and had a blast! Awesome fishing, camp fires... had a whole 7 acre island to ourselves to raise hell on lol
My husband goes to NW Ontario to fish...he's been going to the same lodge (Manotak) since his dad took him as a child in 1970. Not sure if this year's trip will happen with the border closure but fingers crossed that it's reopened by the end of June.
Leslie
Florence, KY
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

kywthrluvr wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:39 am
My husband goes to NW Ontario to fish...he's been going to the same lodge (Manotak) since his dad took him as a child in 1970. Not sure if this year's trip will happen with the border closure but fingers crossed that it's reopened by the end of June.
Awesome! Hope things can continue to reopen and we all get the vaccine and then it's party time! :screaming:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page