July 2023 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tpweather
Hurricane

Re: July 2023 Weather Discussion

Post by tpweather »

Good Evening and made it to my son's home in Wisconsin. It feels like a late September day with a dew point of 45 and temp getting below 50 tonight. Will be up here for 3 days and have a hot air balloon fest about 2 minutes away on Friday evening which should be fun. My son got tickets to the Reds and Brewers in Milwaukee on Saturday which is a great bday gift and then Sunday time to recover. I will send pics on Friday. Love it up here and have been here maybe 3 hours totals. Getting rid of that humidity is so nice and the extended looks like this area will continue to have wonderful temps though they are a little dry but had such a big snow melt this past season so the creeks and rivers are just fine.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tpweather wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:43 pm Good Evening and made it to my son's home in Wisconsin. It feels like a late September day with a dew point of 45 and temp getting below 50 tonight. Will be up here for 3 days and have a hot air balloon fest about 2 minutes away on Friday evening which should be fun. My son got tickets to the Reds and Brewers in Milwaukee on Saturday which is a great bday gift and then Sunday time to recover. I will send pics on Friday. Love it up here and have been here maybe 3 hours totals. Getting rid of that humidity is so nice and the extended looks like this area will continue to have wonderful temps though they are a little dry but had such a big snow melt this past season so the creeks and rivers are just fine.
So Tim, is your son and family going to keep on rooting for the Redlegs even though they'll be outnumbered? ;)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

young pup wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:50 pm Which model has been correct on placing this rain lately? I'm getting a little tired of getting soaking wet under one of these pop ups. Not sure what' in the gauge from today but it poured a couple of times.
No one model has been stellar to be honest. The short range models tend to do a bit better but not always. The global models have been terrible like the GFS and Euro.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:43 pm Good Evening and made it to my son's home in Wisconsin. It feels like a late September day with a dew point of 45 and temp getting below 50 tonight. Will be up here for 3 days and have a hot air balloon fest about 2 minutes away on Friday evening which should be fun. My son got tickets to the Reds and Brewers in Milwaukee on Saturday which is a great bday gift and then Sunday time to recover. I will send pics on Friday. Love it up here and have been here maybe 3 hours totals. Getting rid of that humidity is so nice and the extended looks like this area will continue to have wonderful temps though they are a little dry but had such a big snow melt this past season so the creeks and rivers are just fine.
Sounds like Heaven to me Tim both summer and winter! :lol: It's the springs and falls where the weather can be nasty (like cold rains and junk).
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mid 80s look good for most folks today with dews hanging in the 60s versus those nasty 70s! Today is good for doing things outside. T-storms return tomorrow and for the first half of Sunday. Mon and Tues are dry. T-storms return late Wed into Thurs. We could hit 90 by next Wed as well ahead of that next system. A fairly easy and straight forward forecast.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

tron777 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:30 am
young pup wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:50 pm Which model has been correct on placing this rain lately? I'm getting a little tired of getting soaking wet under one of these pop ups. Not sure what' in the gauge from today but it poured a couple of times.
No one model has been stellar to be honest. The short range models tend to do a bit better but not always. The global models have been terrible like the GFS and Euro.
Thanks Les I will keep a close eye on the short range from now on. Still planning on leaving in a week for vacation. But I might cut it short to get back to cut grass. 😒
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:32 am
Sounds like Heaven to me Tim both summer and winter! :lol: It's the springs and falls where the weather can be nasty (like cold rains and junk).
Yes it seems like heaven up here. The people are so polite and even steped out early this morning and it felt like that first cold day we get in the fall. Drove through Illinois and Wisconsin and its like two different countries lol. More rolling hills here in Wisconsin compared to the flat and boring central Illinois. Vegetation is wonderful and not the heat stress we get at home.

Eric, no way in heck do I root for anybody but the Reds. Excited to see the stadium on Saturday. I believe we are on the 3rd base side in the 200 section so maybe I can get a foul ball lol.

Enjoy the weekend and I will try and post some pics later but so nice I will be outside all day.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

young pup wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:11 am
tron777 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:30 am
Thanks Les I will keep a close eye on the short range from now on. Still planning on leaving in a week for vacation. But I might cut it short to get back to cut grass. 😒
No problem. I think we're good today, not so good tomorrow into Sunday. Good for mowing Mon and Tues and even into Wed before renewed chances come in late Wed and into Thurs of next week.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:28 am
tron777 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:32 am
Yes it seems like heaven up here. The people are so polite and even steped out early this morning and it felt like that first cold day we get in the fall. Drove through Illinois and Wisconsin and its like two different countries lol. More rolling hills here in Wisconsin compared to the flat and boring central Illinois. Vegetation is wonderful and not the heat stress we get at home.

Eric, no way in heck do I root for anybody but the Reds. Excited to see the stadium on Saturday. I believe we are on the 3rd base side in the 200 section so maybe I can get a foul ball lol.

Enjoy the weekend and I will try and post some pics later but so nice I will be outside all day.
Sounds great Tim! Cannot wait to see a few pics if you can. :) Enjoy the great weather up there! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I stepped outside a few moments ago and that 65 degree dew sure feels kind of refreshing! :lol: Might take advantage and mow this evening after work. 12Z HRRR shows a nice batch of storms moving right up the river for Sat afternoon. 12Z NAM is not nearly as impressive with storm coverage this weekend.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

A line of showers and t-storms continues to work its way across Central IN. Should it hold together, we should get wet after 11am this morning. Then we'll see how that impacts any future development.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

tron777 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:28 am A line of showers and t-storms continues to work its way across Central IN. Should it hold together, we should get wet after 11am this morning. Then we'll see how that impacts any future development.
I’ve seen this broken record the last 2 months. Expecting the same results out this way, a ground wetter or less
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
sbpstudios
Rain Shower

Post by sbpstudios »

Bgoney wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:13 am
tron777 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:28 am A line of showers and t-storms continues to work its way across Central IN. Should it hold together, we should get wet after 11am this morning. Then we'll see how that impacts any future development.
I’ve seen this broken record the last 2 months. Expecting the same results out this way, a ground wetter or less
Agreed. Summer 2023 Southwest Ohio has been the storm graveyard.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

...STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WILL IMPACT PORTIONS OF OHIO, SOUTHEASTERN
FRANKLIN, SOUTHEASTERN RIPLEY, DEARBORN, SWITZERLAND, CENTRAL
CARROLL, NORTHERN BOONE AND NORTHWESTERN HAMILTON COUNTIES THROUGH
1115 AM EDT...

At 1035 AM EDT, strong thunderstorms were located along a line
extending from near Bright to 11 miles north of Madison, moving east
at 40 mph.

HAZARD...Wind gusts up to 40 mph.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Gusty winds could knock down tree limbs and blow around
unsecured objects.

Locations impacted include...
Cincinnati, Florence, Norwood, Harrison, North College Hill, Madeira,
Cheviot, Villa Hills, Mount Healthy, Dayton, Lawrenceburg, Greendale,
Aurora, Rising Sun, Bright, Hidden Valley, Burlington, Oakbrook,
Finneytown and Cleves.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Browneyedgirl
Heavy Rain

Post by Browneyedgirl »

Getting heavy rain by Lakota east. Thunder and lightning as well
Lisa
Liberty Township, Butler County

Still learning all this weather stuff!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

----
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

1352 UNK Rushville Rush IN 3962 8545 Tree down on occupied car. No injuries. (IND)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

A nice steady rain here. 0.17" so far. 78 was my temp prior to the rain beginning. Now down to 69 degrees. I should get a quarter inch plus out of the deal. Hope you guys on the East side can get similar results!!! I know you guys need it badly out that way.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Visible shows some clearing already over Central IN so it'll be interesting to see how much CAPE we can get prior to the afternoon re-development taking place. We've got a pocket of 40 knot shear over ILL / IN border region that will move thru this afternoon so we'll see what happens there.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Browneyedgirl
Heavy Rain

Post by Browneyedgirl »

I’m sitting at .65 since midnight. Haven’t had to water in awhile. I’ll take it!
Lisa
Liberty Township, Butler County

Still learning all this weather stuff!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Down to 67 now with 0.26" for my updated total as the rain begins to wind down.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

Received .7 here with the first round. Hate to be greedy but I'll take more this afternoon.
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Still lightly raining here... 66 degrees and 0.44" now in the books! Way more then I thought I'd get. Hope you guys out East can get something other then the usual 0.10" or less.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Totals as of 1pm:

CVG - 0.35"
Me - 0.44"
Boone Co Mesonet: 0.31"
Lester Rhoads