December 2022 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: December 2022 Weather Discussion

Post by tron777 »

Ground is completely thawed here. It's pretty muddy. Need the cold air back to solve the problem. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Bgoney great call on higher rain totals from I-70 and northward. You get this moisture from the GOM and a cold front moving this way and that is why we saw several waves along this front and when one moves by the cold front slowly moves this way. With this latest wave and it is a little stronger it seems colder air is moving a little further south and east which should dry out New Years Eve later today. I have 3 football games to watch so my activities will be going from the couch to the fridge.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Also props to Bgoney for going lower on guidance for rainfall amounts the entire time, which will end up being correct. :) I'm going to have a busy day. Leaving in a couple of hours to pick up a friend, hit the liquor store (my Brother is going to make whiskey sours for us all), get gas, pick up the folks and head out to my Brother's. Once there, the kids always want to play something with me (a game or something outside). The slot cars race track is set up in the basement. Gonna cook some deer tender loins... watch the Michigan game. Going to be a busy but fun day!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:35 am Also props to Bgoney for going lower on guidance for rainfall amounts the entire time, which will end up being correct. :) I'm going to have a busy day. Leaving in a couple of hours to pick up a friend, hit the liquor store (my Brother is going to make whiskey sours for us all), get gas, pick up the folks and head out to my Brother's. Once there, the kids always want to play something with me (a game or something outside). The slot cars race track is set up in the basement. Gonna cook some deer tender loins... watch the Michigan game. Going to be a busy but fun day!
Sounds like a wonderful time and my wife makes bourbon slush this time of year but I am not a fan of bourbon. I enjoy vodka and rum but mainly just a beer person. I believe the Michigan/TCU game will be wonderful to watch and I have Michigan winning 31-28 and then I have Georgia beating Ohio State 35-17
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:40 am
tron777 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:35 am Also props to Bgoney for going lower on guidance for rainfall amounts the entire time, which will end up being correct. :) I'm going to have a busy day. Leaving in a couple of hours to pick up a friend, hit the liquor store (my Brother is going to make whiskey sours for us all), get gas, pick up the folks and head out to my Brother's. Once there, the kids always want to play something with me (a game or something outside). The slot cars race track is set up in the basement. Gonna cook some deer tender loins... watch the Michigan game. Going to be a busy but fun day!
Sounds like a wonderful time and my wife makes bourbon slush this time of year but I am not a fan of bourbon. I enjoy vodka and rum but mainly just a beer person. I believe the Michigan/TCU game will be wonderful to watch and I have Michigan winning 31-28 and then I have Georgia beating Ohio State 35-17
I like those scores Tim. Would like to see my guys go all the way this year and finally earn some respect. The Big Ten as a whole has finally made a great showing this year in College Football. Move over SEC! :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My gauge picked up .48" for New Year's weekend. :)