Possible Severe Threat Late Wed Evening 3/30/22

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: Possible Severe Threat Late Wed Evening 3/30/22

Post by tron777 »

winterstormjoe wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:32 am Had some roof damage to my garage from a big tree limb that fell. Also lots of tree debris laying in my back yard from those heavy winds last night. Hopefully we're done with these winds for quite a while! :argument:
UGH! Sorry to hear that Joe. :fireface:

The next system to watch for big winds might be coming by Thursday of next week. Stay tuned to our April thread for now. That system could be the next one that gets a thread.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

winterstormjoe
EF0 Tornado

Post by winterstormjoe »

tron777 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:45 am
winterstormjoe wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:32 am Had some roof damage to my garage from a big tree limb that fell. Also lots of tree debris laying in my back yard from those heavy winds last night. Hopefully we're done with these winds for quite a while! :argument:

The next system to watch for big winds might be coming by Thursday of next week. Stay tuned to our April thread for now. That system could be the next one that gets a thread.
Thanks Les, it's my neighbor's big tree next to my garage that has dead limbs on it, something needs to be done to that tree! I think I'd rather see thunderstorms than these prolonged wind events! ;)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

winterstormjoe wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:20 am
tron777 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:45 am

Thanks Les, it's my neighbor's big tree next to my garage that has dead limbs on it, something needs to be done to that tree! I think I'd rather see thunderstorms than these prolonged wind events! ;)
Me too! :lol: I think it'll be a lot like this past one where we'll spike into the 70s by Wed with increasing SW winds and another large upper low and strong cold front for more wind and potential t-storms as well.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Picked up only a tenth from last night. The high winds of course sending a lot of the rain elsewhere but glad the lawn and other vegetation got a drink. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

ILN has compiled a list of high wind reports from this event:

https://www.weather.gov/iln/20220331
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page