March 2021 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tpweather
Hurricane

Re: March 2021 Weather Discussion

Post by tpweather »

Rather quiet the next 2 days so decided to look at weather around the nation. The west coast looks to be getting stormier over the next few weeks and that is something they need as their rainy season ends in May. The southern plains and southeast have been doing well in terms or rain lately which also is good because we know by May it starts to get hot and much drier. The northeast looks to be on the cooler side through mid-April but this happens quite often for them and sometimes its those back door fronts this time of year that can bring some cooler shots. The area I am concerned about is the northern and central plains as their are many red flag warnings with some strong winds and dry conditions. Hopefully during the next 6 weeks they can get some much needed rain and I do see some chances especially for the northern plains but not quite as much for the central plains. Spring conditions can really determine what may happen in the summer.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

The Northern Plains had a dry winter too. Could be a hotter then normal area if trends continue this summer. If the heat remains west, we'll be stormy and humid. Beats hot and dry lol I would like that outlook if it were to pan out.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

33 this morning, might get down to 31-32 before the sun comes up. We should see a decent amount of sunshine today into tomorrow. U50s today and 70ish tomorrow. Tues night into Wed some rain then we'll drop into the 40s. U30s on Thursday. Lows in the 20s Thurs, Fri mornings and L30s on Sat. Then Easter Weekend is AWESOME! 60s Sat and near 70 Easter Sunday! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Had a good frost here this morning. Probably got down to 31 or so.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Down to 29 here.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

31 officially at CVG this morning.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

A nice afternoon out there! Got the grass cut for the first time this season and will seed and straw some of the bare spots tomorrow before the next rain maker comes in. We should crack 70 tomorrow but it will be breezy ahead of our Tues night into Wed rain maker. Cold for a few days but a very nice Easter Weekend upcoming. Hope all can enjoy! Easter egg hunts look marvelous. :thumbup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Now this is cool lol Kind of like our weather this time of year.

tenor.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Made it to 61 here today which matched MGY. Neighbor has already cut his lawn. I am waiting a bit longer lol
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

cloudy72 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:00 pm Made it to 61 here today which matched MGY. Neighbor has already cut his lawn. I am waiting a bit longer lol
Fertilizer kicking in....tomorrow is probably my first time!
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Saw this on Twitter....man the NWS is having a rough year so far with their equipment and servers. Way overtime for an overhaul!

01:11AM CDT 03/30/21
There is a major, national outage impacting the distribution of NWS products, including WPC products. @NWSSPC will attempt to back up our rainfall forecast/QPF
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning all! I have no changes to my forecast. Awesome today, crappy tomorrow, cold Thurs and Fri then moderating and a lovely Easter Weekend on tap. We'll start off next week on a nice note in the 70s before the next front comes in sometime in that Wed / Thurs timeframe April 7-8th.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Alaska continues to see well below avg temps. Check out the below graphics from the NWS Office in Fairbanks!

FairbanksRecordCold.png
Fairbanks7Day.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Low to mid 60s currently across the area, headed for the 70s later. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Currently 69 in my hood with a dry 29% humidity. Enjoy today as Les said earlier...it goes downhill starting tonight, then a three day crappy stretch before more nice weather returns for Easter weekend. Next week could get interesting by Wednesday....still way early for specifics but storminess could ramp up for our area. Will keep an eye on it in the coming days.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

70 now at CVG. I am expecting up to 1/2" of rain tonight thru tomorrow evening or so.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

72 / 36 now as of 3pm... Mid 70s are very doable down here. A bit breezy but a nice afternoon for sure compared to what's coming. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Looks like our rainfall for tonight currently tracking across western Tennessee, SE Missouri and NE Arkansas. Currently up to 74 IMBY - quite a wonderful day!
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:55 am Alaska continues to see well below avg temps. Check out the below graphics from the NWS Office in Fairbanks!

FairbanksRecordCold.png

Fairbanks7Day.jpg
Never saw that story with the national media. Sure it was just a mistake because anytime the temps is 3 degrees above normal in the summer its their first story of the day.
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Afternoon and made it home and have already cut the grass so a long day for the old man. Beautiful day and I can tell you in southern Kentucky below Williamsburg there is tons of water sitting on the side of the roads. I understand why there is a flood watch for that area. Plus with the amount of rain they have gotten the trees are not blooming like we are seeing here. Got to get that ground temps up. How cold do we get and mid-20's looks like a good call but my guess somebody Friday morning will hit 18 or 19. Weekend looks great
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:40 pm
tron777 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:55 am Alaska continues to see well below avg temps. Check out the below graphics from the NWS Office in Fairbanks!

FairbanksRecordCold.png

Fairbanks7Day.jpg
Never saw that story with the national media. Sure it was just a mistake because anytime the temps is 3 degrees above normal in the summer its their first story of the day.
I LIKED the NWS Fairbanks Facebook page so I see their stuff all the time and try and post the good stuff when I see it.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:43 pm Good Afternoon and made it home and have already cut the grass so a long day for the old man. Beautiful day and I can tell you in southern Kentucky below Williamsburg there is tons of water sitting on the side of the roads. I understand why there is a flood watch for that area. Plus with the amount of rain they have gotten the trees are not blooming like we are seeing here. Got to get that ground temps up. How cold do we get and mid-20's looks like a good call but my guess somebody Friday morning will hit 18 or 19. Weekend looks great
Glad you're home safely Tim! I agree with you about Friday morning. I think 20 to 25 range at CVG and away from the city, upper teens are absolutely possible in the usual cold spots.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:30 pm Looks like our rainfall for tonight currently tracking across western Tennessee, SE Missouri and NE Arkansas. Currently up to 74 IMBY - quite a wonderful day!
Hopefully models are right with around a 1/2" of rainfall. Not too heavy to wash away my new grass seed I will be sowing here shortly. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Freeze Watches and Warnings have now been issued by ILN for April 1st and 2nd (Thurs and Fri mornings). Probably will see a couple of those coming up once the front passes Wed night.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page