Prayer Requests

This is NOT a Political Forum! Do not use it as such.
News, Music, TV, and all sources of media.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: Prayer Requests

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:30 pm As always Bro... Prayers for your Dad's Sisters and for your family! May the Lord bless the surgeons and give them the steady hands that are needed to make things right!
Thank you, Les! :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My Aunt Neva had successful knee replacement surgery, PTL!! :) Rehab therapy centers around the Indy area are not allowing inpatients due to the risk of Covid and / or Monkeypox. So far there's been 2 cases of Monkeypox i.e. in both OH and IN.

Dad is staying overnight at an Indy hotel and my Aunt Velma is staying with Aunt Neva. After a 1 day / 1 night stay at the hospital, dad will take both his sisters back to the Anderson home of Aunt Neva and from there dad will come on home. They'll be hanging around to talk with the surgeon and then Aunt Neva will be discharged by sometime Thurs early afternoon. Dad and Aunt Velma discussed rehab therapy options in Anderson and 1 assisted living facility has openings for outpatient treatments for which Aunt Neva will begin therapy sessions on Fri.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

So dad took his sisters home to my Aunt Neva's house in Anderson on Thurs. The surgery went very well Wed PTL, but as dad was driving home, my Aunt Velma called to say that Aunt Neva has developed a sore throat and a 100 degree fever. :( Aunt Neva is scheduled to have her 1st physical therapy session tomorrow (Fri) at an Anderson nursing home. Prayerfully she doesn't have strep throat or Covid. Anyway re tomorrow's 1st therapy session, who knows now what'll be happening due to her being sick.

Pray for Aunt Neva and also for Aunt Velma that she won't get the "bug". Also for my dad, that he won't get it either since he's been with his sisters the past 2 days.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:10 am So dad took his sisters home to my Aunt Neva's house in Anderson on Thurs. The surgery went very well Wed PTL, but as dad was driving home, my Aunt Velma called to say that Aunt Neva has developed a sore throat and a 100 degree fever. :( Aunt Neva is scheduled to have her 1st physical therapy session tomorrow (Fri) at an Anderson nursing home. Prayerfully she doesn't have strep throat or Covid. Anyway re tomorrow's 1st therapy session, who knows now what'll be happening due to her being sick.

Pray for Aunt Neva and also for Aunt Velma that she won't get the "bug". Also for my dad, that he won't get it either since he's been with his sisters the past 2 days.
Glad the surgery went well! Hoping and praying for no COVID or strep!
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

cloudy72 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:24 am
MVWxObserver wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:10 am So dad took his sisters home to my Aunt Neva's house in Anderson on Thurs. The surgery went very well Wed PTL, but as dad was driving home, my Aunt Velma called to say that Aunt Neva has developed a sore throat and a 100 degree fever. :( Aunt Neva is scheduled to have her 1st physical therapy session tomorrow (Fri) at an Anderson nursing home. Prayerfully she doesn't have strep throat or Covid. Anyway re tomorrow's 1st therapy session, who knows now what'll be happening due to her being sick.

Glad the surgery went well! Hoping and praying for no COVID or strep!
Thank you very much, Mike! :)

My aunts went to a drugstore on Fri to get some fever reducer meds for Aunt Neva. Her surgeon on Thurs wanted her to begin therapy Fri but that's been moved back to Tues July 12th for her 1st session. Meanwhile she has some daily home exercises to do to start gradually strengthening her surgical knee. She's had some more fever on Fri which varied between 99 to 101 degrees. Prayerfully those fever reduction meds will be beneficial to her.

She hasn't been tested for Covid yet and my folks who called and texted with them Fri, wonder whether she'll be tested. We're leaving them in the Lord's hands and as the proverbial ball is in their court.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

So 2 of my cousins, Shannon and her daughter Chloe who reside in Geneva, Switzerland, arrived at my Aunt Donna and Uncle Doug's (Shannon's folks') house here in Greenville on July 7th for a few weeks visit. Uncle Doug came down with Covid-like symptoms last week and Aunt Donna came down with it this past Fri night / Sat morning. :( Now yesterday (Tues) morning, Aunt Donna was in their kitchen trying to retrieve something from a cabinet shelf and she had some clogs on her socked feet. While reaching for the item, she lost her footing and fell, shattering an elbow. :o So bless her heart, on top of having Covid-like symptoms, now this fracture. :cry: So they (Shannon and her Mom) spent much of the morning in the local hospital ER where Aunt Donna had some x-rays taken and then a cast applied.

Please pray for comfort, grace, patience and strength for all 4 of them. Amen.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My Aunt Donna and Uncle Doug are gradually recovering from Covid. Aunt Donna currently has more congestion but so far both their lungs are doing okay as they have a breathe measuring meter device that they monitor their respiration.

Also Aunt Donna is in for a long recovery re her fractured elbow from a fall earlier this week. Thankfully she won't need any surgery to repair it.

So much of this Covid-19 and also Monkeypox i.e. wouldn't even be an issue in our country except for brainless Byedone's open border with near constant caravan parades of illegals! :x
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

My folks and I have a friend named Jack from our NC days who is sick. :( He's a widower who lost his wife Elaine to a stroke last year. :cry: Jack recently visited with family in Michigan and sadly contracted Covid while there. :( Somehow his Covid virus led to a blood clot which in turn went to his brain and caused him to have a stroke. :cry: He lives in Wake Forest, NC and his daughter Bonnie who lives nearby is with him. He's in a Covid unit at Rex Hospital in Raleigh.

He knows the Lord as did his late wife and in the past he's been a chaplain at the NC State Fair every October i.e. We used to worship at the same church together in Wake Forest and ushered together for a while.

Jack has helped me a lot when my folks and I lived in North Raleigh. He and I would eat out together when Mom was going through post-thyroid surgery periods of help at Cleveland Clinic and also at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. Also when Dad had an abdominal aortic aneurysm repaired and a pacemaker installed at Duke Med Center in Durham, NC.

One time I discovered where I had accidentally locked myself out of my folks and my townhouse in North Raleigh while eating out with Jack and he helped me get back inside. Its always been an "inside" joke between us about that time. :)

He is such a humble servant on many levels, wonderful gentleman and friend.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Oh my.... prayers definitely for that man and his family. Always heart breaking to see bad things happen to good people. Life is not fair sometimes.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:35 am Oh my.... prayers definitely for that man and his family. Always heart breaking to see bad things happen to good people. Life is not fair sometimes.
Thank you very much Les.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

I have some requests including 2 for family members.

My cousin Dennis and his wife Teresa also reside here in Greenville and Teresa was recently diagnosed with lymphatic cancer. :(

Also my dad Myrl has developed arthritis in his left foot. :( Our family physician assistant whom we see is off this week so he's scheduled to see her on Mon Sept 26th.

Also Sarah Huckabee Sanders was recently released from a hospital after having had cancer surgery. She has it in her thyroid and lymph nodes. :( She's on the ballot for governor of her native state of Arkansas for the Mid Terms so hard to tell how her illness will impact her campaign. She was a wonderful press secretary for Pres Trump and is a wonderful person in general. Her parents are Mike and Janet Huckabee.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Prayerfully Bro, the Doctors can find solutions for them both!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:42 am Prayerfully Bro, the Doctors can find solutions for them both!
Thank you very much Les! :thumbsup:

My dad's foot feels some better today so prayerfully that's some great news! :)

I heard yesterday evening on Fox News in an interview with Mike Huckabee either with Tucker or Sean that Sarah Huckabee Sanders is feeling better after having much of her cancer removed and that prayerfully her ambition of next AR governor will still be a GO! :thumbupleft:
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Glad to hear a positive report Bro! Keep 'em coming! :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Ever since mid October my mother Joyce has been gradually getting worse with an illness called Polymyalgia Rheumatica which is like an arthritis of the muscles throughout her body. :cry: She will be 83 on Dec 13th and she and Dad's 61st wedding anniversary will be Dec 17th. They plan to go to Middlebury and Shipshewana, IN to celebrate her birthday and also their anniversary and so prayerfully she'll feel like doing that trip. She's been taking Prednisone for pain relief and recently she's also been doing physical therapy for relief, too. :thumbsup:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

That's awesome Bro! 61 years... My folks will be married 50 years on 4/27/23. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:35 am That's awesome Bro! 61 years... My folks will be married 50 years on 4/27/23. :)
Thank you Bro for your prayers and Congratulations to your folks on their Golden one next May! :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

In 2020 I was diagnosed with Stage 3 kidney disease and since then I've had 2 ultrasounds for my kidneys and bladder which, thankfully, have shown my bladder is in good shape and my kidneys are okay and stable with about 60% function in both of them. On Oct 24th of this year after a 2nd annual ultrasound of my kidneys and bladder, the image showed there to be 1.6" centimeter sized spot on my liver and so I had a CT scan on Nov 3rd (can't have an MRI because of some residual metal in my upper jaw from a realignment procedure in April 1985). I will be getting established with a Hepatologist Dr. Kenneth Sherman tomorrow (Wed) morning at 9:50 at U.C. Health in Cincy and to find out the results from the CT scan and then what to do from there.

The Lord is Good and I'm in his hands! Prayerfully all it is is just a benign cyst as my (late) maternal grandmother had some liver cysts during her adulthood.

Also my mother Joyce since mid Oct has been afflicted with a disorder that is like arthritis of the muscles called Polymyalgia Rheumatica. She is often in a great deal of pain and has been on Prednisone and Tylenol at different times for relief and has also been doing physical therapy sessions.

Thank you very much my AV Community Prayer Warriors! :thumbupright:
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wxlrnr
Heavy Rain

Post by Wxlrnr »

Eric, hang in there. I have kidney problems from birth and have been driving my new kidney doc crazy all year as she has been trying to figure out where I am at this point. She gave me the green light to not see her for a year. The doctors at UC are excellent. You and your mother are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hyde Park, Cincinnati.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Prayers from me as always too Eric! My Dad is on dialysis so we know all about kidney issues around here! Prayerfully, this is something that you will never, ever have to go thru.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MJSun
Thunder Storm

Post by MJSun »

Prayers to all of you <3
Mollie
Cincinnati: Batavia/Amelia (H), Norwood (W)

The extent of my weather knowledge is pointing at the sky and saying what color it is.

:bouncymulti:
snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

Prayers to all!!!
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Wxlrnr wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:04 pm Eric, hang in there. I have kidney problems from birth and have been driving my new kidney doc crazy all year as she has been trying to figure out where I am at this point. She gave me the green light to not see her for a year. The doctors at UC are excellent. You and your mother are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hi Linn,

God bless you bro and will do. :thumbsup: Thankful that your doc gave you the clear for another year. :thumbupleft:

My folks and I are tremendously impressed with my Hepatologist Dr. Kenneth Sherman as he's laid back, warm, friendly and very patient and he said that the CT scan I had done here in Greenville at Wayne Health Care was the wrong kind because it doesn't have a certain feature device re honing in on a certain organ e.g. and he said its a common innocent mistake among smaller hospitals e.g. He was able to say that there are 3 areas which he thinks that one is some fat, meaning that I may have a fatty liver, another area probably just a cyst and the other area which is small could be suspicious but non aggressive and may end up also being just a possible cyst. After my getting established consultation with him, he then ordered me to have a fibro scan and some blood work which I both also had completed there today. Thankfully the fibro scan showed no scarring but just some fattiness.

I'll be getting a specialized CT scan of my liver on April 4th, 2023 at the U.C. Health campus in West Chester, OH.

Thank you very much for your prayers for us, wxbuddy. :)

Fun Fact: My best friend Kenny since the late 1960s from when we both resided in Cincy from then into the early 1970s, his dad Ken who is now retired, was a general surgeon and got a lot of his internship or residency at the then General Hospital which of course is now U.C. Medical Center. :) There's 3 generations of Kens in that family and all born in March! 8-) That's a Ripley's Believe It or Not entry! :)

Also on a non-medical note, my dad Myrl (pronounced like Merle as in Merle Haggard) received a degree in Special Ed from U.C. in the early 1970s. :) He taught learning disabled boys for a time at Sharonville Elementary before entering the pulp and paper industry.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:13 pm Prayers from me as always too Eric! My Dad is on dialysis so we know all about kidney issues around here! Prayerfully, this is something that you will never, ever have to go thru.
Thank you very much, Les! :)

God bless your Dad with his dialysis sessions! :thumbsup:

My new nephrologist here in Greenville whom I got established with in early Nov of this year after having seen another one in the Galbraith Rd area of Cincy, said that usually one's kidneys, if they are about at 50% functionality or lower of course then that's time to consider dialysis. Thankfully mine are at 60% and so I have to be careful like re aspirin e.g. and refrain from Aleve etc. But Tylenol is safe if taken in a reduced dosage if needed.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

MJSun wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:53 am Prayers to all of you <3
Thank you very much, Mollie! :)