How to Embed a Video / Image Into Your Forum Post

All Forum Updates and Announcements will be posted in this section of the Forum. You may also post recommendations or Improvements to make your Forum experience better!
tron777
Major Hurricane

How to Embed a Video / Image Into Your Forum Post

Post by tron777 »

As Aaron mentioned in the forum update thread, Videos can now be added into posts. If you click on the The Full Editor button, instead of doing a Quick Reply, the button looks like a computer that you can click on to do this. Or you can use the BBcode [media][/media] This includes YouTube and a whole lot of other things.

What I did to post DT's This Week in Weather video, I just copied and pasted the actual web address for the You Tube video, and the video automatically embedded itself within the post itself. What I don't know is, how many other types of videos will automatically do that? Aaron maybe able to answer that question better then I can.

If the video you are trying to post is coming from a difference source (other then You Tube) and if putting in the website address, doesn't automatically embed the video into the forum post, try using the media tag.

Example: [media]http://myvideo.com[/media]

Something to that affect. If there are any questions, please let us know. For mobile devices, since the Metro theme we are using is compatible with mobile devices, PC's, and tablets, the process should be the same across most platforms. I'm sure Aaron will have something to add to this thread. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: How to Embed a Video / Image Into Your Forum Post

Post by tron777 »

For an image... click on the Full Editor and Preview button then scroll down. You'll see an attachments tab where you can quickly upload the image that you want to include with your post. Click Add File to upload it. Once the image has been uploaded then click on the Place Inline button. Submit your post and that's it! :grin:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

fyrfyter
Thunder Storm

Re: How to Embed a Video / Image Into Your Forum Post

Post by fyrfyter »

Here is the listing of every video supported. Not everything is activated.
7F1209BB-61B4-4533-9C2D-C1943D96469C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Aaron
Mack/Green Township, OH

My Current Conditions