Re: Monday April 8th Solar Eclipse

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

We have a week to keep an eye on this but right now, models are showing a weak front moving thru with clouds and possible light rain showers on the day of the eclipse. Stay tuned...
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

airwolf76
EF0 Tornado

Post by airwolf76 »

what time of the day is this thing suppose to happen?
22'/23' snowfall > 11"
23'/24' snowfall > 19.5"
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

airwolf76 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:57 am what time of the day is this thing suppose to happen?
From about 1:52 to 4:25 ET.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

We have a long ways to go with this but the 12Z GFS has a low moving thru Northern IN and OH with a cold front for us on the day of the eclipse. Euro is slower with this system with the low still located back across Western Wisc.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:46 pm We have a long ways to go with this but the 12Z GFS has a low moving thru Northern IN and OH with a cold front for us on the day of the eclipse. Euro is slower with this system with the low still located back across Western Wisc.
No doubt I want the slower system but even if its cloudy it still gets dark and the animals believe its nighttime. Hopefully I will not think its nighttime after a few drinks that morning
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:50 pm
tron777 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:46 pm We have a long ways to go with this but the 12Z GFS has a low moving thru Northern IN and OH with a cold front for us on the day of the eclipse. Euro is slower with this system with the low still located back across Western Wisc.
No doubt I want the slower system but even if its cloudy it still gets dark and the animals believe its nighttime. Hopefully I will not think its nighttime after a few drinks that morning
:goodpost: :bravo:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

12Z GFS still wants to bring a warm front thru on Monday, a little bit of again then a stalling cold front Tues / Wed. I am still thinking that we will see cloudy skies for the big event. Not sure about rainfall as of yet. Still, we have plenty of time to iron this out and won't be able to do so until our current system moves on in a couple more days.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

I ppd a routine eye appt for myself that was supposed to be on Eclipse day. Changed it to Mon the 22nd. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:47 pm I ppd a routine eye appt for myself that was supposed to be on Eclipse day. Changed it to Mon the 22nd. :)
I don't blame you. I am working from home that day and staying put lol
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:49 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:47 pm I ppd a routine eye appt for myself that was supposed to be on Eclipse day. Changed it to Mon the 22nd. :)
I don't blame you. I am working from home that day and staying put lol
Sounds great Bro! :)
winterstormjoe
EF0 Tornado

Post by winterstormjoe »

tron777 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:24 pm 12Z GFS still wants to bring a warm front thru on Monday, a little bit of again then a stalling cold front Tues / Wed. I am still thinking that we will see cloudy skies for the big event. Not sure about rainfall as of yet. Still, we have plenty of time to iron this out and won't be able to do so until our current system moves on in a couple more days.
I took the day off to go to Houston Woods for lunch with my cousins and view it with them. If it turns out to be a cloudy day, I can always cancel my vacation day! I'm sure it'll be on TV somewhere live? Lol
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

winterstormjoe wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:40 pm
tron777 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:24 pm 12Z GFS still wants to bring a warm front thru on Monday, a little bit of again then a stalling cold front Tues / Wed. I am still thinking that we will see cloudy skies for the big event. Not sure about rainfall as of yet. Still, we have plenty of time to iron this out and won't be able to do so until our current system moves on in a couple more days.
I took the day off to go to Houston Woods for lunch with my cousins and view it with them. If it turns out to be a cloudy day, I can always cancel my vacation day! I'm sure it'll be on TV somewhere live? Lol
I am willing to bet that you'll see a lot of You Tubers broadcasting the event on the internet also. Facebook live, etc.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

No way to say for sure about cloud cover just yet. Still 50/50 in my book. Speed of system leaving the region still in question
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Bgoney wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:32 am No way to say for sure about cloud cover just yet. Still 50/50 in my book. Speed of system leaving the region still in question
I agree. Depends on how long it takes the warm front to come thru. Then once we are warm sectored, we will clear out for a few hours. What we don't know of course is when this process happens. As long as it's done by 12 or 1pm we're in fine shape.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:24 am
Bgoney wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:32 am No way to say for sure about cloud cover just yet. Still 50/50 in my book. Speed of system leaving the region still in question
I agree. Depends on how long it takes the warm front to come thru. Then once we are warm sectored, we will clear out for a few hours. What we don't know of course is when this process happens. As long as it's done by 12 or 1pm we're in fine shape.
Still early to figure out cloud cover though it looks during the eclipse we will be dry here and in Brown County,In as that is where I am setting up shop starting noon on Saturday. Great friends with plenty of food and drink plus a round of golf on Sunday seems like a nice weekend.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I am thinking we will be dry for the eclipse. Sky cover hopefully will be clear. We'll see!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and just a tad over 76 hours away. Cloud cover still tricky and we may end up with some high clouds but the forecast seems to look better every day. Leaving bright and early Saturday and will be back Tuesday. Since I will be in the woods it will be fun to watch the animals starting around noon time.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:41 am Good Morning and just a tad over 76 hours away. Cloud cover still tricky and we may end up with some high clouds but the forecast seems to look better every day. Leaving bright and early Saturday and will be back Tuesday. Since I will be in the woods it will be fun to watch the animals starting around noon time.
I'll have to see how my cat reacts or if she just sleeps thru it. :lol: I am thinking the later. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:06 am
tpweather wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:41 am Good Morning and just a tad over 76 hours away. Cloud cover still tricky and we may end up with some high clouds but the forecast seems to look better every day. Leaving bright and early Saturday and will be back Tuesday. Since I will be in the woods it will be fun to watch the animals starting around noon time.
I'll have to see how my cat reacts or if she just sleeps thru it. :lol: I am thinking the later. :lol:
Hopefully Les I don't sleep through it lol
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:10 am
tron777 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:06 am
Hopefully Les I don't sleep through it lol
LOL! I am done working at 3 and the peak of totality (for me, darkness since I am not in totality) will be around 3:08-3:10pm range. Perfect timing! I ordered some glasses, should be here today or tomorrow.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

winterstormjoe
EF0 Tornado

Post by winterstormjoe »

Hey Tim, with high clouds we won't need to use the eclipse glasses as the sun will be filtered! Lol Just kidding!

Where ever I end up on Monday afternoon there will be some coldies involved! :drinkingbuddies:
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

With more clouds forecast for the southern region of totality, Got a feeling a large caravan of people from the Missouri valley region are going to be frantically , last minute, traveling to the the OV region of totality. Going to be some major traffic problems Monday
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

winterstormjoe wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:09 pm
Hey Tim, with high clouds we won't need to use the eclipse glasses as the sun will be filtered! Lol Just kidding!

Where ever I end up on Monday afternoon there will be some coldies involved! :drinkingbuddies:
Hey Joe, what glasses lol. That gentleman you met at the concert will be in Brown County as well
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Bgoney wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:35 pm With more clouds forecast for the southern region of totality, Got a feeling a large caravan of people from the Missouri valley region are going to be frantically , last minute, traveling to the the OV region of totality. Going to be some major traffic problems Monday
Bgoney,that is why we are getting their early on Saturday and will have all the food and drinks and my guess you are correct going to be busy especially in a town like Nashville,In with all the shops.
winterstormjoe
EF0 Tornado

Post by winterstormjoe »

tpweather wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:13 pm
Bgoney wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:35 pm With more clouds forecast for the southern region of totality, Got a feeling a large caravan of people from the Missouri valley region are going to be frantically , last minute, traveling to the the OV region of totality. Going to be some major traffic problems Monday
Bgoney,that is why we are getting their early on Saturday and will have all the food and drinks and my guess you are correct going to be busy especially in a town like Nashville,In with all the shops.
Tim, I bet there will be a lot of people buying Brown County's wine and a lot of drunk folks. Lol