Re: Monday April 8th Solar Eclipse

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: Re: Monday April 8th Solar Eclipse

Post by tron777 »

That was the scene in my neighborhood too lol Lots of folks were outside either standing and watching it or sitting in lawn chairs. Either way, a drink or a beer was had by all. :lol: Now to answer your question Tim... starting from the left, are you the third person in the row looking up at the sky holding a nice, ice cold, beer in your hands?
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:10 am That was the scene in my neighborhood too lol Lots of folks were outside either standing and watching it or sitting in lawn chairs. Either way, a drink or a beer was had by all. :lol: Now to answer your question Tim... starting from the left, are you the third person in the row looking up at the sky holding a nice, ice cold, beer in your hands?
Les I am the one furthest to the right not looking straight up
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:11 am
tron777 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:10 am That was the scene in my neighborhood too lol Lots of folks were outside either standing and watching it or sitting in lawn chairs. Either way, a drink or a beer was had by all. :lol: Now to answer your question Tim... starting from the left, are you the third person in the row looking up at the sky holding a nice, ice cold, beer in your hands?
Les I am the one furthest to the right not looking straight up
Gotcha! That was going to be my second guess. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

IMG_2991.jpg
Here is a picture from my daughter who was in Jasper,Indiana
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sbpstudios
Rain Shower

Post by sbpstudios »

Here are a few shots I got from Bloomington Indiana.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Awesome pics!!!! Thanks so much guys for sharing these images with us. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

winterstormjoe
EF0 Tornado

Post by winterstormjoe »

I finally found out what that little red spot was at the bottom of the eclipse of the sun...it was the solar prominence that Experts say you can think of solar prominences as being akin to the clouds in Earth's atmosphere, but instead of suspended water vapor, these giant tendrils of hot gas are trapped by magnetic fields. They can reach distances of 93,000 miles above the Sun's surface and last for several months, according to NASA, unless they erupt. Many photos Monday managed to catch a bright spot at the bottom of the eclipse. Murphy explained people were probably witnessing a "post eruptive solar prominence," which was likely the location of a solar flare.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/202 ... 272304007/
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

winterstormjoe wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:23 pm I finally found out what that little red spot was at the bottom of the eclipse of the sun...it was the solar prominence that Experts say you can think of solar prominences as being akin to the clouds in Earth's atmosphere, but instead of suspended water vapor, these giant tendrils of hot gas are trapped by magnetic fields. They can reach distances of 93,000 miles above the Sun's surface and last for several months, according to NASA, unless they erupt. Many photos Monday managed to catch a bright spot at the bottom of the eclipse. Murphy explained people were probably witnessing a "post eruptive solar prominence," which was likely the location of a solar flare.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/202 ... 272304007/
That's awesome! I did not know that. There is so much about the sun that I don't yet know, it's ridiculous! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page