2024 Celebrity Deaths

This is NOT a Political Forum! Do not use it as such.
News, Music, TV, and all sources of media.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: 2021 Celebrity Deaths

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/lore ... JAJQBGPPQ/

Legendary country-western singer / songwriter / guitarist Loretta Lynn passed away today at age 90 at her home in Hurricane Mills, TN. :cry:

Loretta and her late husband Oliver Doolittle "Doo" Lynn had 6 children. She is survived by 3 daughters and a son.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Eric, do you remember Tombstone Junction down in SE KY? It closed down in 1991 after burning down. Back in its hay day they got big country acts there and one summer when my brother and I were kids, we went with our folks, my Mom's Dad and Step Mom to Tombstone Junction to see Loretta Lynn. Nowadays the venue is known as Renfro Valley.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:56 pm Eric, do you remember Tombstone Junction down in SE KY? It closed down in 1991 after burning down. Back in its hay day they got big country acts there and one summer when my brother and I were kids, we went with our folks, my Mom's Dad and Step Mom to Tombstone Junction to see Loretta Lynn. Nowadays the venue is known as Renfro Valley.
Hi Les,

No, I sure don't Bro. I googled and read up on some history of that attraction a few minutes ago. What a sad demise it met. :(

What a TREAT that had to be to see Loretta Lynn perform in person! 8-) Also, did any of your family get Loretta's autograph? :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:43 am
tron777 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:56 pm Eric, do you remember Tombstone Junction down in SE KY? It closed down in 1991 after burning down. Back in its hay day they got big country acts there and one summer when my brother and I were kids, we went with our folks, my Mom's Dad and Step Mom to Tombstone Junction to see Loretta Lynn. Nowadays the venue is known as Renfro Valley.
Hi Les,

No, I sure don't Bro. I googled and read up on some history of that attraction a few minutes ago. What a sad demise it met. :(

What a TREAT that had to be to see Loretta Lynn perform in person! 8-) Also, did any of your family get Loretta's autograph? :)
Not that I recall. I was a little kid then probably like 8 or 9 years old lol
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/ange ... LNJNXXAC4/

Angela Lansbury of "Murder She Wrote" e.g. fame has passed away at age 96. :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I remember her not only in Murder She Wrote but countless movies including the children's Disney classic, Bed knobs and Broomsticks.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:24 am I remember her not only in Murder She Wrote but countless movies including the children's Disney classic, Bed knobs and Broomsticks.
Same here Bro.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/kirs ... RYGVTIN6M/

Actress Kirstie Alley passed away Mon at age 71 after a short battle with cancer. :cry:

Prayers and thoughts with her family.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

That was a great show and her character was great in the last few years of the show. RIP!!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Broadcast journalist and TV personality Barbara Walters passed away at 93 on Fri.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/pope ... 5ZSSZG2MI/

Conservative Pope Benedict Emeritus Benedict XVI passed away at 95 on Sat after an illness.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 794wSvncil

Conservative voice Lynnette "Diamond" Hardaway age 51 passed away at her home in Fayetteville, NC on Monday.

Prayers and thoughts with her sister Rochelle "Silk" Hardaway Richardson and other family members.

Lynnette on the left and Rochelle on the right.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: 2023 Celebrity Deaths

Post by tron777 »

I updated the thread title to reflect 2023 since it still read 2021. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Actor Adam Rich, best known as the youngest sibling Nicholas Bradford from the TV series "Eight Is Enough" passed away at age 54 on Sat Jan 7th at his Los Angeles home.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:43 am Actor Adam Rich, best known as the youngest sibling Nicholas Bradford from the TV series "Eight Is Enough" passed away at age 54 on Sat Jan 7th at his Los Angeles home.
To my knowledge, they still haven't said the cause of death. May not ever know if the family wants to keep it quiet of course.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Legendary guitarist Jeff Beck has passed away at age 78. :(

https://local12.com/news/entertainment/ ... E#?-fbpost
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:23 pm Legendary guitarist Jeff Beck has passed away at age 78. :(

https://local12.com/news/entertainment/ ... E#?-fbpost
I loved the Yardbirds and one of my favorite songs is Heart Full of Soul. Matter of fact my favorite rock group Rush did a remake of this song and it sounds even better. I know he was a great guitar player but never followed him much for some reason.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/lisa ... EJ6XPCTJY/

Lisa Marie Presley, the only child of Elvis and Priscilla Presley, passed away Fri at age 54 after a heart attack in southern CA.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

She's been in and out of rehab over the years and she really never was the same after her son committed suicide a few years back.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:46 am She's been in and out of rehab over the years and she really never was the same after her son committed suicide a few years back.
Yes and its sad that she battled with drugs like her Dad had.

And then to lose a son to suicide ...

I've been reading a book that I got for Christmas titled "KILLING THE LEGENDS: THE LETHAL DANGER of CELEBRITY" by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard. Its about Elvis Presley, John Lennon and Muhammad Ali.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/evel ... IZR2MHCCA/

Robby Knievel, son of the late Evel Knievel (2007), passed away today at age 60 at a Reno, NV hospice after battling pancreatic cancer.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/sing ... XZUZEJRUQ/

David Crosby, a singer-songwriter and founding member of the Byrds and Crosby, Stills & Nash, has died today after a long illness at age 81.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Oh wow! Had no idea Crosby is dead. He sure had a great voice!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:25 pm Oh wow! Had no idea Crosby is dead. He sure had a great voice!
Loved the music of Crosby,Stills and Nash and yes you can add Young but that is another topic. I loved their music and of course I was at the tail end of the hippy generation and spent many hours listening to them. Love the harmony of those 3 guys.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... GLF56y1qmP

Actress Cindy Williams best known as her character Shirley Feeney from the hit sit-com "Laverne and Shirley" passed at age 75 on Jan 25th after a brief illness.