2023 Les's Lions Postseason!

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

2023 Les's Lions Postseason!

Post by MVWxObserver »

Prayerfully the Lions can defeat the Rams and the refs calls not be skewed! :)
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Re: 2024 Les's Lions Postseason!

Post by Bgoney »

Best match up of the weekend, I wish they weren’t playing each other because I like them both
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Thanks for starting a thread Eric. It should be a fun contest for sure. Two great offenses, running games, and head coaches. Defensively both teams have shined at times also this season.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Congrats Lions Den as they advance to the Divisional Playoffs!! :cheerleaderguy: 8-)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

It was a close game 24-23! Waaaa Hoooo!!!! First play off game win in like 31 years or something. :lol: On to round 2! #RestoreTheRoar
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MattD41
Rain Shower

Post by MattD41 »

Great game.... congrats Les
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Leo is VERY pleased, too, and ROARS CONGRATULATIONS!! :thumbupleft: 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Thank you Matt and Eric! I am looking forwards to the next round! :) Finally.... Lions Fans have something to cheer and be excited about. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Since Tampa destroyed the Eagles... My Lions play the Bucks in Detroit this Sunday at 3pm on NBC. #RestoretheRoar
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

What happen to the Eagles. Their defensive back field is horrible. Saw two players collide yesterday. Baker Mayfield is not the best QB in the world but you must give him credit as he leaves everything on the field every game. Both Sunday games look great this weekend and though I believe the Lions are a better team Tampa has a defensive coach and they do a great job so expecting low scoring game somewhere in the 17-14 range.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:06 am What happen to the Eagles. Their defensive back field is horrible. Saw two players collide yesterday. Baker Mayfield is not the best QB in the world but you must give him credit as he leaves everything on the field every game. Both Sunday games look great this weekend and though I believe the Lions are a better team Tampa has a defensive coach and they do a great job so expecting low scoring game somewhere in the 17-14 range.
Hopefully Hutch can put some pressure on Mayfield to disrupt his passing. Our secondary needs some work though. Hopefully we can stop the run as White, their RB, has had a decent season. Offensively for Detroit, keep on doing what you've been doing. Keep running the ball and continue to protect Goff and give him time in the pocket.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

tron777 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:17 am
tpweather wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:06 am What happen to the Eagles. Their defensive back field is horrible. Saw two players collide yesterday. Baker Mayfield is not the best QB in the world but you must give him credit as he leaves everything on the field every game. Both Sunday games look great this weekend and though I believe the Lions are a better team Tampa has a defensive coach and they do a great job so expecting low scoring game somewhere in the 17-14 range.
Hopefully Hutch can put some pressure on Mayfield to disrupt his passing. Our secondary needs some work though. Hopefully we can stop the run as White, their RB, has had a decent season. Offensively for Detroit, keep on doing what you've been doing. Keep running the ball and continue to protect Goff and give him time in the pocket.
Les you hit the nail on the head for the offense. The running game which is so good and protect Goff. If I am TB I would blitz all the time on passing plays as I like Goff as a QB in the pocket but get him outside the pocket and he tends to make mistakes. Nice cold weekend so chile and beer seem the way to go or maybe some chicken wings
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:22 am
tron777 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:17 am
Les you hit the nail on the head for the offense. The running game which is so good and protect Goff. If I am TB I would blitz all the time on passing plays as I like Goff as a QB in the pocket but get him outside the pocket and he tends to make mistakes. Nice cold weekend so chile and beer seem the way to go or maybe some chicken wings
Totally agree Tim... Goff does make mistakes if he is pressured. The Rams did not get enough pressure on him so he was cool and calm in the pocket and made some wonderful throws! We have the weapons on offense for Goff in St. Brown, Josh Reynolds, Williams, and LaPorta. These guys are great route runners and can get open provided Goff has enough time for them to get open.

What a score for Detroit when they acquired the veteran Montgomery from Da Bears at RB. Combine him with the speedy rookie Gibby and you have a deadly combination!

I love chicken wings and cold beer! Count me in! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: 2023 Les's Lions Postseason!

Post by MVWxObserver »

Congrats as the Restore the Roar advances to the NFC Championship!! :cheerleaderguy: 8-)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

We watched this game with Dad in his TCU hospital room before he took a turn for the worse the next morning. Glad my Dad got to see the Lions win before he passed.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:26 pm We watched this game with Dad in his TCU hospital room before he took a turn for the worse the next morning. Glad my Dad got to see the Lions win before he passed.
:grouphug: :cyanangel:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I would LOVE a Lions win not only for my Dad but for our entire family this Sunday at 6:30pm on Fox. Go Lions! #OnePride #RestoreTheRoar
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:33 pm I would LOVE a Lions win not only for my Dad but for our entire family this Sunday at 6:30pm on Fox. Go Lions! #OnePride #RestoreTheRoar
Same here Bro! :thumbsup:
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Rooting for the Lions. St.Brown is a wonderful receiver and so is Flowers for the Ravens. Each year we see these great receivers and QB'S coming out of college.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:30 pm Rooting for the Lions. St.Brown is a wonderful receiver and so is Flowers for the Ravens. Each year we see these great receivers and QB'S coming out of college.
I love St Brown too. I also love our running game with the veteran Montgomery and the rookie Gibbs. Also love our rookie TE LaPorta. :) For the Ravens, their rookie TE who took over for Mark Andrews, Isiah Likely, has also been doing a good job for them.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page