AV Pyrotechnics Thread

Everything Outdoors including gardening, landscaping, fishing, camping, hunting, and more!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: AV Pyrotechnics Thread

Post by tron777 »

Just got back from shopping folks and let me tell you... the gang at Queen City Fireworks were great! I am going to have a killer show at a great price! You need to see Mike Fitz and company. You won't be disappointed!

I have my stash... where is yours? :lol:

IMG_20220530_144334087.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

Looks great Les! Glad you went and saw Mike and gang!

I’m actually not doing a show this year. Mom is on Blue Ash City Council so we get those VIP tickets for Red, White, and Blue Ash! Mike and his crew actually do that show too!
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
Trevor
Site Admin

Post by Trevor »

They always do a great job! The addition of drones last year was wild!!
Silverton, OH

More active on my FB page...come follow me! :-)
https://www.facebook.com/cwc513
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Trevor wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:21 am Looks great Les! Glad you went and saw Mike and gang!

I’m actually not doing a show this year. Mom is on Blue Ash City Council so we get those VIP tickets for Red, White, and Blue Ash! Mike and his crew actually do that show too!
That's a drag... you not doing a show and all. Although VIP tickets aren't too shabby. :lol: Mike and Company are awesome and cannot wait to raise some hell with their stuff this year! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

Thanks y'all! It was good to see you Les!

We're already working on the Blue Ash show, 98 page script this year! Lots of work to do in the coming weeks!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mfitz730 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:36 pm Thanks y'all! It was good to see you Les!

We're already working on the Blue Ash show, 98 page script this year! Lots of work to do in the coming weeks!
It was nice finally getting to meet you Mike! Thanks again too! Folks... go see the boys at Queen City fireworks... you won't be disappointed! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

Unicorn Fountain is officially in stock! Great Grizzly changed up the artwork a bit for this year.

Got 1 of 3 more shipments today, some nice stuff with it! Looking forward to the last 2 getting here so I can take a quick breath!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Greg Gutfeld would like that Unicorn Fountain one i.e. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mike... let me know when those Hammer and Anvil fountains come in. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

I will Les! Container is still stuck somewhere out west, so we put a little extra urgency on it with the freight forwarder today!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mfitz730 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:03 pm I will Les! Container is still stuck somewhere out west, so we put a little extra urgency on it with the freight forwarder today!
10-4! Thank you!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

They're finally here!!! After some serious delays in transit from LA, the fountains and new 500g cake have arrived in Greendale!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mfitz730 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:51 am They're finally here!!! After some serious delays in transit from LA, the fountains and new 500g cake have arrived in Greendale!
Excellent! I will see if we can make it out there for those H&A fountains we talked about last month. ;)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Hey Mike... My neighbor just got back from the store and the size of those Hammer and Anvil fountains.. WOW! It's going to be an awesome show opener and awesome for the finale too! I love the fact that you guys offer case deals too! I will see what my favs are after my party and it'll be good knowledge for next season. :)

Again folks... If you need stuff for your party or get together, see Mike (mfitz730) over at Queen City Fireworks in Greendale, IN. Make no mistake, you won't be disappointed! I don't endorse stuff for the heck of it. I only endorse stuff (and people) that I trust and believe in and for those of you who actually know me offline, or have been on our forum since the beginning, you would agree with that statement! :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

Thank you Les! It's been a pleasure helping you out this year, and thank you for the kind words!

We think it's going to be a big weekend for sure. We're locked in on our Pro shows as well now, so it's definitely go time!

If anyone stops in, make sure to mention my name and this forum and we'll make sure to get you a great deal (my wife will probably be running the register :))!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mfitz730 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:56 pm Thank you Les! It's been a pleasure helping you out this year, and thank you for the kind words!

We think it's going to be a big weekend for sure. We're locked in on our Pro shows as well now, so it's definitely go time!

If anyone stops in, make sure to mention my name and this forum and we'll make sure to get you a great deal (my wife will probably be running the register :))!
Thanks Mike for offering deals to our members. That's very kind of you and I am very appreciative of it! Esp with the inflation and rising costs as most folks know. It is getting harder and harder each year to enjoy doing the things you love. With businesses like yours, it absolutely helps and it keeps us Pyro Nuts going! :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

A special thanks again to Mike, Eric and the gang at Queen City fireworks! An awesome show and a pre show set up look

IMG_20220702_185058242_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220702_185058242_HDR.jpg
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

Looks great Les! Glad everything turned out well!

What a weekend for us! We battled the heat, and it was brutal. We only had 1 show that saw a brief sprinkle, so that was a huge win, we normally have a lot of time spent weather proofing racks. The only downfall is with the dry conditions, we did have a lot of firewatching to do, and really only the Blue Ash show saw a ground fire bigger than we like. We don't mess around at any site, so Fire personnel were on hand for the duration of the shows and were able to help us extinguish quickly.

Overall a successful season for our teams and we're already planning for next year. In the meantime, we have a bunch of work to get ready for the upcoming Bengals season and adding to their GameDay experience as well as many other local shows.

I'm terrible at taking pictures on site, but here are a few highlights! The first is from Blue Ash on 7/4 and the second is from my show in Sharonvile on 7/3.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Awesome as always Mike! If I only had the budget of these larger organizations! :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

For sure! That's why it's nice for me! It's a lot of work, but I don't have to pay for them!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mfitz730 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:28 pm For sure! That's why it's nice for me! It's a lot of work, but I don't have to pay for them!
The set up and then demolition has to be so satisfying! :thumbsup: I know it would be for me. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Hello Fellow Pyros! It is time to bring this thread back from the dead! Pyro Season 2023 is here! I am just about ready to go visit the fine folks at Queen City Fireworks! Our very own AV Member Mfitz730 (Mike) is great to work with. He and the staff are fantastic! I highly suggest going there for your Fireworks needs! You will be taken care of. :)

https://www.queencityfireworks.com/

Their brand of fireworks called "Hammer and Anvil" are bigger, brighter, and louder IMO then most fireworks on the market today. And... at a good price! Uncle Les tries not to steer you wrong in weather, well the same goes here. You loyal AV Members know what I am talking about. Newer folks will have to take my word for it. :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Mfitz730
Rain Shower

Post by Mfitz730 »

Thanks Les! We're all stocked up in the store, and we have some new items for this year as well! Brand new shell kits with a nod to the man himself, Art Rozzi!

Lots going on for the pro side as well, already working on building what we can off-site for the big Blue Ash July 4th show. We also picked up a couple big shows for this year that I will be headed to. Time to get busy with it!!!
20230509_135942.jpg
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Awesome! We will be there to see you shortly Mike! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Just want to thanks to Fitz and the fine folks at Queen City for the fantastic experience today! I may have a 4th person next year LOL This is getting to be huge and I love it! :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page