MLB 2021 Discussion

Sports Talk of all kinds!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Re: MLB 2021 Discussion

Post by MVWxObserver »

MVWxObserver wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:36 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:24 pm So far the Brewers, Giants, and Dodgers have clinched playoff berths.
White Sox have clinched the AL Central and the Rays have clinched the AL East.
Brewers have clinched the division and Cardinals a wild card in the NL Central. Braves have clinched the NL East division.

Rays have clinched the AL East Division and Best Record in League. Astros have clinched the AL West division.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

The guys lost 8-6! :banghead: :roll:

Reiver Sanmartin takes on Mitch Keller in the season finale at 3:05 Sun.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Cincy took 1 out of 3 vs Pburgh as they won 6-3 to avoid a sweep! ;)

Final Stats for the Redlegs ...

83 -79 / .512 / 12.0 games back in 3rd place

Definitely needs to be another overhaul in the off-season and how myself, Mike, Tim, and other fans wish that Cincy had a team owner like George Steinbrenner i.e. who CARES MORE ABOUT WINS, PLAYOFFS, AND CHAMPIONSHIPS OVER KEEPING A TIGHT GRIP ON ONE'S WALLET!!!!

I sure hope that Nick Castellanos i.e. doesn't get traded! ;)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Tigers win 5-1 to end a dismal 2021 season. final record was 77-85. 3rd in the AL Central 16 GB of the White Sox and 13 behind the Indians.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:31 am Cincy took 1 out of 3 vs Pburgh as they won 6-3 to avoid a sweep! ;)

Definitely needs to be another overhaul in the off-season and how myself, Mike, Tim, and other fans wish that Cincy had a team owner like George Steinbrenner i.e. who CARES MORE ABOUT WINS, PLAYOFFS, AND CHAMPIONSHIPS OVER KEEPING A TIGHT GRIP ON ONE'S WALLET!!!!

I think Castellanos declines the Reds offer and becomes a free agent to test the waters since Boros is his agent. It's unfortunate but that is what baseball has become. Only the elites (Dodgers, Yankees, Cubs, White/Red Sox) can afford the money for these top tier players leaving teams like the Reds and Tigers to scramble for the leftovers. So it will either be another off season of patching the holes with has-beens, or another 10 year rebuild.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

cloudy72 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:05 am
MVWxObserver wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:31 am Cincy took 1 out of 3 vs Pburgh as they won 6-3 to avoid a sweep! ;)

I think Castellanos declines the Reds offer and becomes a free agent to test the waters since Boros is his agent. It's unfortunate but that is what baseball has become. Only the elites (Dodgers, Yankees, Cubs, White/Red Sox) can afford the money for these top tier players leaving teams like the Reds and Tigers to scramble for the leftovers. So it will either be another off season of patching the holes with has-beens, or another 10 year rebuild.
Yes, its SAD that every team can't be an elite organization for top tier players, instead of so much of the same ole "song and dance" routine with start from scratch leftover young bloods from the farm systems. We already endured enough annoying exhausting multi years of rebuilding under Bryan Price! :x :roll:

The last time the Redlegs won a World Series in 1990 ~ Car dealership tycoon Marge Schott was their Owner. ;)

Bob Castellini seems like a mediocre Owner, so to say, compared to the late Marge Schott.
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 11 times in total.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

2021 Postseason

All Times (ET)

Tues Oct 5th

AL Wild Card

NYY @ Bos 6-2!

Wed Oct 6th

NL Wild Card

StL @ LAD 3-1!

Thurs Oct 7th

ALDS Game 1

CWS @ Hou 6-1! Astros lead series 1-0!

ALDS Game 1

Bos @ TB 5-0! Rays lead series 1-0!

Fri Oct 8th

ALDS Game 2

CWS @ Hou 9-4! Astros lead series 2-0!

NLDS Game 1

Atl @ Mil 2-1! Brewers lead series 1-0!

ALDS Game 2

Bos @ TB 14-6!! Series tied 1-1!

NLDS Game 1

LAD @ SF 4-0! Giants lead series 1-0!

Sat Oct 9th

NLDS Game 2

Atl @ Mil 3-0! Series tied 1-1!

NLDS Game 2

LAD @ SF 9-2! Series tied 1-1!

Sun Oct 10th

ALDS Game 3

TB @ Bos 6-4! Red Sox lead series 2-1!

ALDS Game 3

Hou @ CWS 12-6! Astros lead series 2-1!

Mon Oct 11th

NLDS Game 3

Mil @ Atl 3-0! Braves lead series 2-1!

ALDS Game 4*

Hou @ CWS PPD

ALDS Game 4*

TB @ Bos 6-5! Red Sox win ALDS 3-1!!

NLDS Game 3

SF @ LAD 1-0! Giants lead series 2-1!

Tues Oct 12th

ALDS Game 4*

Hou @ CWS 10-1!! Astros win ALDS 3-1!!

NLDS Game 4*

Mil @ Atl 5-4! Braves win NLDS 3-1!!

NLDS Game 4*

SF @ LAD 7-2! Series tied 2-2!

Thurs Oct 14th

NLDS Game 5*

LAD @ SF 2-1! Dodgers win NLDS 3-2!!

Fri Oct 15th

ALCS Game 1

Bos @ Hou 5-4! Astros lead series 1-0!

Sat Oct 16th

ALCS Game 2

Bos @ Hou 9-5! Series tied 1-1!

NLCS Game 1

LAD @ Atl 3-2! Braves lead series 1-0!

Sun Oct 17th

NLCS Game 2

LAD @ Atl 5-4! Braves lead series 2-0!

Mon Oct 18th

ALCS Game 3

Hou @ Bos 12-3!! Red Sox lead series 2-1!

Tues Oct 19th

NLCS Game 3

Atl @ LAD 6-5! Braves lead series 2-1!

ALCS Game 4

Hou @ Bos 9-2! Series tied 2-2!

Wed Oct 20th

ALCS Game 5*

Hou @ Bos 9-1! Astros lead series 3-2!

NLCS Game 4

Atl @ LAD 9-2! Braves lead series 3-1!

Thurs Oct 21st

NLCS Game 5*

Atl @ LAD 11-2!! Braves lead series 3-2!

Fri Oct 22nd

ALCS Game 6*

Bos @ Hou 5-0! Astros win ALCS 4-2!

Sat Oct 23rd

NLCS Game 6*

LAD @ Atl 4-2! Braves win NLCS 4-2!

Tues Oct 26th

World Series Game 1

Atl @ Hou 6-2! :) Braves lead series 1-0!

Wed Oct 27th

WS Game 2

Atl @ Hou 7-2! :x Series tied 1-1!

Fri Oct 29th

WS Game 3

Hou @ Atl 2-0! :) Braves lead series 2-1!

Sat Oct 30th

WS Game 4

Hou @ Atl 3-2! :) Braves lead series 3-1!

Sun Oct 31st Halloween :ghostface: :shocked: :yipes: :clown: :happyhalloween:

WS Game 5*

Hou @ Atl 9-5! <---- :steamingears: Braves lead series 3-2!

Tues Nov 2nd Election Day :waveusa:

WS Game 6*

Atl @ Hou 7-0!! :) BRAVES WIN 2021 WORLD SERIES!!
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:02 am, edited 12 times in total.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Looks like the Governor of Georgia is getting the last laugh. Remember Atlanta had the All-Star game ripped from them because he dared to have a law that proper ID is required to vote. MLB has to be pissed they're in the WS
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Bgoney wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:24 pm Looks like the Governor of Georgia is getting the last laugh. Remember Atlanta had the All-Star game ripped from them because he dared to have a law that proper ID is required to vote. MLB has to be pissed they're in the WS
...plus Game 6 if it were to happen would occur ON ELECTION DAY! :lol:
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

I'd love to see the Braves WIN IT ALL and spite that Wokejoke Rob Manfred!! :twisted: :P
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/clev ... BWFYJMQ2E/

Cleveland roller derby team NOT happy ...

:oops: :nono:
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:37 pm https://www.whio.com/news/trending/clev ... BWFYJMQ2E/

Ha ha - serves them right. They will always be the Indians to me. Sorry woke libbies :)
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

cloudy72 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:44 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:37 pm https://www.whio.com/news/trending/clev ... BWFYJMQ2E/

Ha ha - serves them right. They will always be the Indians to me. Sorry woke libbies :)
Same here, Bro! :thumbupleft:
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Same here... in football, what the hell is this Washington football team BS? I still say the Redskins. :)
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Prayers and thoughts with pitcher Charlie Morton, his family, and the Braves as he sustained a fractured leg via a line drive hit last night in Game 2. :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:18 pm Same here... in football, what the hell is this Washington football team BS? I still say the Redskins. :)
100% agree Les. This woke culture we are in has gone waay over the top. Prob is, people are letting this nonsense happen. Just tell them to grow up and go away. They don't like the name Redskins, then they don't have watch the team play. Simple solution!! I bet the people raising these concerns about team names do not watch a single play of any game these teams play.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:14 pm
tron777 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:18 pm Same here... in football, what the hell is this Washington football team BS? I still say the Redskins. :)
100% agree Les. This woke culture we are in has gone waay over the top. Prob is, people are letting this nonsense happen. Just tell them to grow up and go away. They don't like the name Redskins, then they don't have watch the team play. Simple solution!! I bet the people raising these concerns about team names do not watch a single play of any game these teams play.
I tell you what Mike. I am watching and waiting. I am waiting for someone to stand up and take charge (Like Trump). One person cannot change this alone. We need numbers. Get a few hundred thousand people and let's storm DC and take back our country. I am waiting for something like that to happen. Right now, people are scared with their heads in the sand. How much more of this shit are people going to take? Costs of everything are rising. Supply chain is really bad and we may not be able to have Christmas Gifts for our families? WTF? Something has got to give, Mike.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:23 pm
cloudy72 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:14 pm
I tell you what Mike. I am watching and waiting. I am waiting for someone to stand up and take charge (Like Trump). One person cannot change this alone. We need numbers. Get a few hundred thousand people and let's storm DC and take back our country. I am waiting for something like that to happen. Right now, people are scared with their heads in the sand. How much more of this shit are people going to take? Costs of everything are rising. Supply chain is really bad and we may not be able to have Christmas Gifts for our families? WTF? Something has got to give, Mike.
And as much of our country knows, Biden / Harris and their whole Cabinet administration are a total disgrace!

I've been reading a book titled "Profiles In Corruption" by Peter Schweizer, a Fox News contributor, and he covers extensively the background paper trails of Kamala Harris, Sleepy Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, Cory Booker, Amy Klobuchar, and Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren in that particular edition.

There are moments though that I enjoy like when the House GOP Patriots and then yesterday the Senate Patriots drilled n grilled / gave heck to AG Merrick Garland, who's son in law is involved with a corporation called "Panorama" who sells the CRT hate propaganda crap to schools around the country! That's why Garland skirts, shirks, and dodges around questions re CRT because he knows he's in association with that propaganda industry!

We need to keep in prayer for campaign races via next Tues Nov 2nd Election Day. Ones like the Gov race in Virginia and that Patriot Glenn Youngkin will DEFEAT Commierat Terry McAuliffe i.e.! I have a cousin whom she and her Conservative family reside in VA Beach.

Les, I sure pray and hope that the school system that Harper, Colton, and by now Cooper? are in doesn't push that INsane CRT crap.

So far as I know the VA Beach schools where my cousin Cherie is a teacher's aide and substitute and where my cousin Madeline is now a H.S. senior doesn't push that INsanity.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Eric... I hope the people of Virginia and NJ wake up next Tuesday with their Gov elections. I'm sorry. I should stop now since this is not a political thread. It's supposed to be Sports talk. My apologies to all as I did cross over the line. I'm upset about all of this as most real Americans ought to be.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:55 pm Eric... I hope the people of Virginia and NJ wake up next Tuesday with their Gov elections. I'm sorry. I should stop now since this is not a political thread. It's supposed to be Sports talk. My apologies to all as I did cross over the line. I'm upset about all of this as most real Americans ought to be.
No prob, Bro, and all's good. :thumbupright: I got impassioned, too. (Wish we had a Politics section here at the AV 2 esp now more than ever given our country's status situation, but I can also understand reasoning not to).

NJ one too, I had forgotten that one.

I hope the Braves can continue having a good WS and that they'll be able to win Games 3, 4, and 5 in Atlanta this weekend. :thumbupleft:
Last edited by MVWxObserver on Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

My bad - I kind of stepped over the line as well. I will be rooting on the Braves as well! :)
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

All good guys... I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. We need to band together! And yes... go Braves! *Insert Tomahawk Chop*
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Les and Mike,

Speaking of the Braves I remember a business trip that my Mom and I accompanied Dad on to Atlanta in the summer of 1993. :) We stayed at a Hilton Hotel in the downtown area and one of the activities we did was take in a Braves game at the (then) Fulton Co Stadium. Deion Sanders (who played dual baseball and football), Mark Lemke, Tom Glavine, John Schmoltz, Fred McGriff, and Chipper Jones were with the team at the time. 8-) I forget who their opponent was but the Braves won. :) We took a MARTA metro bus to and from the game. On our way back to the hotel and while stopped in traffic, my Mom and I looked at a particular window of bldg and there was a woman getting her hair done at a salon and this was late at night like around 11 o'clock or so.

During our stay in that Peach State city we also saw "Jurassic Park" at a theater, visited the Coca Cola Museum, and also a mall called Underground Atlanta where among some of the shops was a gentleman playing a saw blade out in the corridor. :) On one outing we also rode on the Atlanta subway.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:39 pm Les and Mike,

Speaking of the Braves I remember a business trip that my Mom and I accompanied Dad on to Atlanta in the summer of 1993. :) We stayed at a Hilton Hotel in the downtown area and one of the activities we did was take in a Braves game at the (then) Fulton Co Stadium. Deion Sanders (who played dual baseball and football), Mark Lemke, Tom Glavine, John Schmoltz, Fred McGriff, and Chipper Jones were with the team at the time. 8-) I forget who their opponent was but the Braves won. :) We took a MARTA metro bus to and from the game. On our way back to the hotel and while stopped in traffic, my Mom and I looked at a particular window of bldg and there was a woman getting her hair done at a salon and this was late at night like around 11 o'clock or so.

During our stay in that Peach State city we also saw "Jurassic Park" at a theater, visited the Coca Cola Museum, and also a mall called Underground Atlanta where among some of the shops was a gentleman playing a saw blade out in the corridor. :) On one outing we also rode on the Atlanta subway.
You can't forget Greg Maddox either! :thumbsup: The Braves had one of the best pitching rotations at the time. My Tigers did too in the 2010s with Justin Verlander, Max Scherzer, Rick Porcello, and Anibal Sanchez. The difference here is that the Braves won with this talent and the Tigers obv did not. :(
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:47 pm

You can't forget Greg Maddox either! :thumbsup: The Braves had one of the best pitching rotations at the time. My Tigers did too in the 2010s with Justin Verlander, Max Scherzer, Rick Porcello, and Anibal Sanchez. The difference here is that the Braves won with this talent and the Tigers obv did not. :(
Can you imagine a combo of their early 90s pitching staff and the Nasty Boys from the '90 Reds bullpen? Talk about lights out!
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH