June 2022 Weather Discussion

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
tpweather
Hurricane

Re: June 2022 Weather Discussion

Post by tpweather »

I still have sunshine down here so hopefully I can keep this going for another hour or two.
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

Another sunny stretch takes it up to 86. Breeze picking up out of the south
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
snowbo
EF0 Tornado

Post by snowbo »

The best rains during a dry stretch are the ones you don't really expect. Just picked up 0.3" of much needed rain!!!
Brookville, Ohio
Northwest Montgomery county
I70 Corridor
tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

snowbo wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:27 pm The best rains during a dry stretch are the ones you don't really expect. Just picked up 0.3" of much needed rain!!!
Great News!!!
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

A few lightning strikes finally showing up with the incoming showers in SE Indiana
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good afternoon all! Just finished getting all my mortar racks fused up, an ignitor clip, etc@ Tested my electronics too and I love it when stuff works! :thumbsup: Just have the cakes to go over the next week.

Back to the weather and I have 85 with a dew of 71 with clouds and sun. Scattered showers and t-storms are continuing to develop north and west of the Tri-state. Coverage on radar thus far is what I expected about 50 / 50. Good luck to all and for those who have not seen anything in 2+ weeks I hope you get hit the most. :)

Tim... we stand a decent chance over NKY based on the current activity we are watching for our hoods over SE IN. Not too excited for severe wx but if it happens, still believe South and East is best in that regard.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

That line is fizzling out as it moves in... it'll probably blow up again once by us. :lol: Gonna have to water the lawn next week it is looking like. :(
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Somehow managed 0.02”! LOL
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:19 pm Somehow managed 0.02”! LOL
Better then a zero!® :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Sargent51
Rain Shower

Post by Sargent51 »

Maineville - Morrow…el zippo!
Morrow/Maineville
young pup
EF4 Tornado

Post by young pup »

I would expect to see D0 in parts of central Ohio this week. Some yards are starting to go dormant. I didn't even cut my yard this past week. Parts of the back are going dormant. Hopefully some of you got some rain. It missed me just to my north today.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tpweather wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:11 pm Hey Eric,hope you and your family are doing well. You may be to far north to get much in the way of rainfall. Hope I am wrong but at least some nicer weather over the next few days. I expect late in the week and next weekend that better chances for everyone in getting some decent rainfall. Timing not good with 4th of July outings going on but not going to complain about any rain we get during those 4 days.
Thank you, Tim. :) We're all doing well and I hope that you and your family are, too. :)

My gauge picked up less than a tenth for Sun. Looking forward to some more rain chances over the holiday weekend for all of us. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

young pup wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:19 pm I would expect to see D0 in parts of central Ohio this week. Some yards are starting to go dormant. I didn't even cut my yard this past week. Parts of the back are going dormant. Hopefully some of you got some rain. It missed me just to my north today.
Same here JP. I have the sprinkler on this morning trying to save a portion of the yard.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

A fairly easy forecast thru Friday before we turn more active unfortunately for the Holiday Weekend. Dry and wonderful today and tomorrow. U80s Wed with an uptick in humidity and then the really muggy stuff comes back by Thurs as well as a shot at our next 90 degree day. I think Fri also holds potential with isolated storm coverage in the afternoon and evening. Back into the 80s this weekend thanks to the next slow moving frontal boundary dropping from the N to the S. Timing is key for parties and fireworks displays so we have a lot of time to watch it this week. The best case scenario would be to get wet Sat morning to stabilize the atmosphere somewhat for the afternoon and evening timeframe. ;) That is my wish cast for this week.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

Good Morning and Les the forecast looks good. Just a ground wetter yesterday. I never felt good about yesterday and sometimes its hard to pinpoint exactly what seemed out of whack. A few things worked in our favor with some sunshine locally but by late in the day forcing just was not enough to keep the showers going so we end up with just the ground wetter. So timing seemed okay but other things fell apart and we saw what happened. Hopefully this weekend we can get the front in here to stall out for a few days and bring some needed rainfall. My lawn is okay but starting to see some of the neighbors lawns looking brown so its only a matter of time before my lawn looks brown. Going to hold off from watering this week and hopefully the weekend will bring the rain though I hope it does not cause problems with the fireworks.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Good morning Tim! I hope we see rain too this weekend just need the timing to be good for my party. I've never been rained out before and don't want to start now. :lol: Plenty of time to watch the timing to see what happens.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

So the overnight Euro barely has a tenth of an inch here in the Dayton area through July 6th. Not good! We would definitely be in some sort of D0 or D1 category if this verifies.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

GFS adds a step....two tenths of an inch through 7/6! :lol:
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Mike, so far, the guidance does show the better chances near and south of the River and I would gladly accept a slower frontal passage to focus the storms north of me on Saturday. Hope to see that occur for you guys up there. :thumbsup:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

Sargent51
Rain Shower

Post by Sargent51 »

Sargent51 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:46 pm Maineville - Morrow…el zippo!
update: .02 around 1030pm last night.
Morrow/Maineville
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Sargent51 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:26 am
Sargent51 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:46 pm Maineville - Morrow…el zippo!
update: .02 around 1030pm last night.
Better than a zero!®
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Today's 12Z GFS has high chances for the Tri-state area especially on Sat going into Sunday. No thanks. :( I need to fertilize my dome to strengthen it. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

tpweather
Hurricane

Post by tpweather »

cloudy72 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:06 am GFS adds a step....two tenths of an inch through 7/6! :lol:
Good Afternoon and I know during the summer months models have a hard time and one of the reasons is how spotty showers and thundershowers are during this time of the year. The pattern later this week into the holiday weekend is one imo that promotes a greater than normal chance of seeing showers and thundershowers. I am guessing that those models will increase those amounts by the time we get to Thursday.
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

tpweather wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:19 pm
cloudy72 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:06 am GFS adds a step....two tenths of an inch through 7/6! :lol:
Good Afternoon and I know during the summer months models have a hard time and one of the reasons is how spotty showers and thundershowers are during this time of the year. The pattern later this week into the holiday weekend is one imo that promotes a greater than normal chance of seeing showers and thundershowers. I am guessing that those models will increase those amounts by the time we get to Thursday.
Today's GFS is doing just that stalling the front on top of us from 7/2 thru 7/6. If correct, horrible news for Pyro's, but good news for any drought concerns.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:04 pm
Today's GFS is doing just that stalling the front on top of us from 7/2 thru 7/6. If correct, horrible news for Pyro's, but good news for any drought concerns.
Maybe we can do a compromise and have a dry 4th + fireworks display, with a nice soaking rain on either side! ;)
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH