RadarScope Issue on Android

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
fyrfyter
Thunder Storm

RadarScope Issue on Android

Post by fyrfyter »

I’m posting this because I think it’s important for everyone to know.

RadarScope/DTN released this to the user group today. You can thank Google for screwing it all up, and providing zero advanced notice of the changes.

Note to Android customers:

“We received an email from Google last night that they've suspended the app pending an update and policy review. They asked us to do three things:

1. Provide them with additional information about how we use background location access. (We use it only to show current location in the widget and the data never leaves the device.) We've provided that information.

2. Notify the user in the app and explain our use of location data when we first request it. We already do this and have provided Google with a screen recording that demonstrates it.

3. Update our privacy policy URL to meet their guidelines. DTN's privacy policy page is currently a PDF that covers all DTN products. Google now requires it to be HTML and specific to RadarScope. I'm working with legal to resolve this.

The app will return to Google Play as soon as Google is satisfied that we've met their new requirements.“
~Aaron
Mack/Green Township, OH

My Current Conditions
fyrfyter
Thunder Storm

Re: RadarScope Issue on Android

Post by fyrfyter »

In the meantime, don’t delete it, because you can’t get it back. Don’t try to find it in Play Store and don’t try to make subscription changes.

Issues 1 & 2 just tell me how stupid Google is about apps in their own store.
~Aaron
Mack/Green Township, OH

My Current Conditions
fyrfyter
Thunder Storm

Post by fyrfyter »

Update for February 11:

Update: We're now iterating with Google on the language and placement of the in-app disclosure regarding location data usage. It's a slow process that involves us submitting a new build and waiting for them to review it. We're working as quickly as we can to resolve it.
~Aaron
Mack/Green Township, OH

My Current Conditions
fyrfyter
Thunder Storm

Post by fyrfyter »

15:00hrs on the 11th-

RadarScope is being approved for return to Google Play store.
~Aaron
Mack/Green Township, OH

My Current Conditions