Annual CVG Snowfall Contest for 2022-2023

All weather related things can be found here! From snow storms to severe weather including the best model analysis and long range forecasting around!
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Re: Annual CVG Snowfall Contest for 2022-2023

Post by Bgoney »

Congrats Dce!!!!

Another dud of a winter in the books. Another winter that you wonder what it’s going to take to have a below normal or at least near normal temp wise winter in these parts

I didn’t even reach double digits in accumulations Imby for all of winter that may be a record but can’t be certain because we’ve had so many duds over the years . Pretty certain though for Jan,feb , march , it’s the least amount of snowfall imby
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I hate to declare Dce the victor too early but odds are he should have it in the bag based on models thru the end of the month. It has been a frustrating winter for most, but esp the Eastern / SE counties without a doubt. We would have been in single digits too if it weren't for getting lucky on that Sunday in January.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

dce
EF5 Tornado

Post by dce »

tron777 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:44 am I hate to declare Dce the victor too early but odds are he should have it in the bag based on models thru the end of the month. It has been a frustrating winter for most, but esp the Eastern / SE counties without a doubt. We would have been in single digits too if it weren't for getting lucky on that Sunday in January.
Trust me when I say this, I would rather lose big time and get 30+ inches of snow. I'm confident that over the years we will average out. It's been a brutal 7-8 year stretch around here. A couple decent storms, but few and far between. We will have a run of above normal years eventually.
Doug

Huber Heights
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

dce wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:04 pm
tron777 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:44 am I hate to declare Dce the victor too early but odds are he should have it in the bag based on models thru the end of the month. It has been a frustrating winter for most, but esp the Eastern / SE counties without a doubt. We would have been in single digits too if it weren't for getting lucky on that Sunday in January.
Trust me when I say this, I would rather lose big time and get 30+ inches of snow. I'm confident that over the years we will average out. It's been a brutal 7-8 year stretch around here. A couple decent storms, but few and far between. We will have a run of above normal years eventually.
I totally believe you. I know a true snow lover when I see one. ;) It's all about the thrill of the hunt, the build up, the pre-game show and last minute adjustments, then the nowcasting begins and you let the forecast ride good or bad. It's those up's and down's we experience emotionally, tracking something we all love and enjoy, which is a good ole fashioned snow storm!
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Congratulations Doug! :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

Well... we are down to the last week of the contest with no snow in sight. I will go ahead and unpin the thread early. Snow will still be counted even if occurs by 3/31 but as of this post, there are no chance at flakes in the forecast. I don't even see any in April yet. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

airwolf76
EF0 Tornado

Post by airwolf76 »

congrads to DCE . he was the lowest guess also. it was a dud in my area for the most part also but I was not expecting a blockbuster year for my area but more so for OV and MW. just based on historical La-nina winters which have always favored those areas more then mine. with El-nino taking over this year my initial thoughts are a more average winter is coming but we will see how things progress through the summer.
22'/23' snowfall > 11"
23'/24' snowfall > 19.5"