MLB 2021 Discussion

Sports Talk of all kinds!
tron777
Major Hurricane

Re: MLB 2021 Discussion

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:53 am
tron777 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:47 pm

You can't forget Greg Maddox either! :thumbsup: The Braves had one of the best pitching rotations at the time. My Tigers did too in the 2010s with Justin Verlander, Max Scherzer, Rick Porcello, and Anibal Sanchez. The difference here is that the Braves won with this talent and the Tigers obv did not. :(
Can you imagine a combo of their early 90s pitching staff and the Nasty Boys from the '90 Reds bullpen? Talk about lights out!
It would have been lights out! No doubt about it! Just make sure to wear a helmet when Rob Dibble gets on the mound. :lol:
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

tron777 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:54 am
cloudy72 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:53 am
tron777 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:47 pm

You can't forget Greg Maddox either! :thumbsup: The Braves had one of the best pitching rotations at the time. My Tigers did too in the 2010s with Justin Verlander, Max Scherzer, Rick Porcello, and Anibal Sanchez. The difference here is that the Braves won with this talent and the Tigers obv did not. :(
Can you imagine a combo of their early 90s pitching staff and the Nasty Boys from the '90 Reds bullpen? Talk about lights out!
It would have been lights out! No doubt about it! Just make sure to wear a helmet when Rob Dibble gets on the mound. :lol:
Yes, and a good thing he's not part of a mafia crime family! :o :lol:

During his career, Dibble was known for his temper. During a game in July 1989, he hit Mets second basemen Tim Teufel in the back with a pitch; Teufel then charged Dibble, causing a benches clearing brawl. After saving a game in April 1991 despite giving up two runs in relief, Dibble threw a baseball 400 feet into the center-field seats at Cincinnati, inadvertently striking a woman. He was also involved in a brawl in 1991 with Astros shortstop Eric Yelding. Later in the 1991 season, he threw a baseball into the back of Cubs outfielder Doug Dascenzo as he ran down the first base line and was subsequently ejected from the game. Dibble also was involved in a brawl with manager Lou Piniella in the Reds clubhouse after a game in 1992.
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/2021 ... 5VGXIMB2A/

Pres and Mrs Trump will be in attendance at tonight's Game 4. :thumbupright: :waveusa:
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:26 pm https://www.whio.com/news/trending/2021 ... 5VGXIMB2A/

Pres and Mrs Trump will be in attendance at tonight's Game 4. :thumbupright: :waveusa:
I hope they receive a standing Ovation :)
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

The KING of the domes! :king:

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

cloudy72 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:53 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:26 pm https://www.whio.com/news/trending/2021 ... 5VGXIMB2A/

I hope they receive a standing Ovation :)
Same here, Bro! :)

Also prayerfully the Braves go all the way and eliminate the Astros! :)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CONGRATULATIONS 2021 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS ATLANTA BRAVES!!!! 8-) :rockout: :partydance: :jumpeveryone: :banguitar: :banguitar: :bandreads: :banlinedance:
Bgoney
Tropical Storm

Post by Bgoney »

So glad to see Braves win. MLB , meet Karma
Proud owner of Best Guess Forecast Center (BGFC)
Former owner of Gut Feeling Forecast (GFF) and Doppler Infinity
I know just enough about weather to be dangerous!
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

I read yesterday where the Redlegs traded catcher Tucker Barnhart to Les's Tigers. Barnhart had 1 year left on his Cincy contract. So the catching position will probably be mostly via Tyler Stephenson now. I like Stephenson but Barnhart even more so. Will miss the guy but wish him the very best in helping with Detroit's rebuilding phase! :thumbupleft:

In the trade the Redlegs welcome minor league infielder Nick Quintana. :)
tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

I'm glad we got Tucker... great player and a good leader in the clubhouse for the younger players. Tigers have also re-signed vets Jonathan Schoop and Robbie Grossman as well.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

Redleg Jonathan India is one of the finalist selections for 2021 Rookie of the Year! 8-)
MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

CONGRATULATIONS TO REDLEG JONATHAN INDIA BEING SELECTED AS 2021 MLB ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!!!! 8-) :thumbupleft:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

So...since the weather pattern sucks right now, and the Redlegs about to embark on another 10 year rebuild, I thought this story was interesting. Possible 14-team playoff structure? As long as they get rid of that stupid one game WC vs WC they have now. I have always thought a series should be at least three games.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/11/ ... tions.html
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:31 am So...since the weather pattern sucks right now, and the Redlegs about to embark on another 10 year rebuild, I thought this story was interesting. Possible 14-team playoff structure? As long as they get rid of that stupid one game WC vs WC they have now. I have always thought a series should be at least three games.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/11/ ... tions.html
I don't like it. The play offs take too long as it is. :lol: Guess they want baseball to last until Thanksgiving?
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:36 am

I don't like it. The play offs take too long as it is. :lol: Guess they want baseball to last until Thanksgiving?
Ha Ha - good point. Weather becomes an issue in northern locales as you head deeper into Oct/Nov too. Maybe shorten the regular season to 154 games and then have your 14 team playoff. As long as the games end in Oct. LOL
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

All those recent years of rebuilding under Bryan Price and now possibly starting under David Bell already in 2022(?).

"Fun" ...

I'll NEVER understand why stubborn ole cuss Castellini just doesn't loosen up his bank account and make the Redlegs a bigger market team like others in the MLB by retaining veteran players that we already have!! Instead of happy trigger finger-trading near constantly and settling for just mostly fresh young bloods from the minors.

Instead of having insufferable years for lifelong fans of REBUILD, REBUILD, REBUILD, REBUILD ... :? :roll: and looking into the playoffs contention sphere from the outside.
cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

Hey Les - did you see your Tigers are currently 3rd in offseason spending at $217 million? Maybe the tide is changing there?
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:35 am All those recent years of rebuilding under Bryan Price and now possibly starting under David Bell already in 2022(?).

"Fun" ...

I'll NEVER understand why stubborn ole cuss Castellini just doesn't loosen up his bank account and make the Redlegs a bigger market team like others in the MLB by retaining veteran players that we already have!! Instead of happy trigger finger-trading near constantly and settling for just mostly fresh young bloods from the minors.

Instead of having insufferable years for lifelong fans of REBUILD, REBUILD, REBUILD, REBUILD ... :? :roll: and looking into the playoffs contention sphere from the outside.
He needs to sell the team to someone who gives a crap.
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:43 pm Hey Les - did you see your Tigers are currently 3rd in offseason spending at $217 million? Maybe the tide is changing there?
Nope. I did not see that. It's about time LOL Maybe we can do something. I wish they would can the GM, Al Avila. He's awful and makes bad trade deals IMO.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

cloudy72
Tropical Depression

Post by cloudy72 »

tron777 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:47 pm

Nope. I did not see that. It's about time LOL Maybe we can do something. I wish they would can the GM, Al Avila. He's awful and makes bad trade deals IMO.
Of course I did not look into the details, they could be overpriced deals for all-stars of 10 years ago LOL
Mike B.
Miamisburg, OH

tron777
Major Hurricane

Post by tron777 »

cloudy72 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:50 pm
tron777 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:47 pm

Of course I did not look into the details, they could be overpriced deals for all-stars of 10 years ago LOL
They did that years ago and it didn't work. Two World Series attempts that failed.
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

AV Facebook Page

MVWxObserver
Hurricane

Post by MVWxObserver »

cloudy72 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:44 pm
MVWxObserver wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:35 am All those recent years of rebuilding under Bryan Price and now possibly starting under David Bell already in 2022(?).

"Fun" ...

He needs to sell the team to someone who gives a crap.
Amen Bro!