It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:16 pm 
Offline
Small Hail
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:21 pm
Posts: 3790
Location: Fairfield, OH
Hello AV members!

I just wanted to pass along a change we have made in forum policy today. If you want to read the forum, you must sign up. Don't worry, AV will always be free :cool: . We are just having some small issues related to the amount of information available to non-members. Non-members are now restricted to reading the rules (and this post).

If you are normally a guest that does not have an account, please register. If you have any problems, please let one of the Admins or Mods know, and we will be happy to help.

_________________
Aaron Renner
N8ACR

Image

NWS Trained Spotter
Spotter Network and WARN Member


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:19 pm 
Offline
Forum Owner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:13 pm
Posts: 3976
Location: Montgomery, OH
Thanks for passing this along, Aaron!

Feel free to contact any of us on the admin mod team.

To contact me personally, my email is trevor@cincyforecast.com

We're excited to have you all here, and this is just another step to ensure your protection and well-being here at AV! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:06 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:17 pm
Posts: 55026
Location: Burlington, KY
We made this change because we do not want non-members to be able to access the information and forecasts of the talanted members that we have here. :D

_________________
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

Les's You Tube Channel
My Facebook Page

Follow me on Twitter! @LesterRhoads

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:21 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:57 am
Posts: 32042
Location: Greenville, OH
I like this new policy, too! :) You gotta join to earn the privilege! :D

_________________
Keepin' my eyes on the Sky! :cool:

God Bless AMEricA!! :USA: :usa3:

Anderson, IN (Birthplace) 1963 :)

Cincinnati, OH 1965 - 1975 :D

Hamilton, OH 1975 - 1985 :D

Greenville, OH 2013 - ;)

GO GREENWAVE!! :D

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:41 pm 
Offline
Cirrus
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 11:50 pm
Posts: 318
Location: Blue Ash
As long as you don't require permission to sign up, all is good!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:41 pm 
Offline
Forum Owner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:13 pm
Posts: 3976
Location: Montgomery, OH
Lampoon wrote:
As long as you don't require permission to sign up, all is good!

No permission. You just have to sign up to read and post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:04 pm 
Offline
Cirrus
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 11:50 pm
Posts: 318
Location: Blue Ash
And the people rejoiced.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:32 am 
Offline
Sunny

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:48 pm
Posts: 41
Location: White Oak
Lampoon wrote:
And the people rejoiced.


yay


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:55 pm 
Offline
Joplin Tornado
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:57 pm
Posts: 18370
Location: Bridgetown, Ohio, Green Township, west Hamilton county, Ohio
I like the new policy but feel dumb now, the other day i told WX mom that unlike SEW, she don't have to log in to read most of the posting here and now you do but she probably understands. i just clicked the box to log in automatically each time i visit so if that works, i won't have to enter my user name and password... i hope it works because before, the system would log me out automatically with about 15 minutes of inactivity where at SEW, i would just stay logged in 24/7... come to think of it, that was probably not the best move since folks assumed i was on line there and lurking when i may not of even been home ! :!:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:58 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:17 pm
Posts: 55026
Location: Burlington, KY
I've never had an issue here Jason. I stay logged in all the time and never get kicked out.

_________________
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

Les's You Tube Channel
My Facebook Page

Follow me on Twitter! @LesterRhoads

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:15 pm 
Offline
Sprinkles
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:04 pm
Posts: 1140
Location: Winchester, OH
tron777 wrote:
I've never had an issue here Jason. I stay logged in all the time and never get kicked out.

If I don't read something after about 15-30 minuntes it logs me out :) No problem I just log back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:19 pm 
Offline
Forum Owner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:13 pm
Posts: 3976
Location: Montgomery, OH
bowlingdude4 wrote:
tron777 wrote:
I've never had an issue here Jason. I stay logged in all the time and never get kicked out.

If I don't read something after about 15-30 minuntes it logs me out :) No problem I just log back in.

Do you have the the setting clicked to keep you logged on?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:20 pm 
Offline
Sprinkles
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:04 pm
Posts: 1140
Location: Winchester, OH
Trevor wrote:
bowlingdude4 wrote:
tron777 wrote:
I've never had an issue here Jason. I stay logged in all the time and never get kicked out.

If I don't read something after about 15-30 minuntes it logs me out :) No problem I just log back in.

Do you have the the setting clicked to keep you logged on?

Probably not...LOL I will check...duh brain fart :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:24 pm 
Offline
Sprinkles
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:04 pm
Posts: 1140
Location: Winchester, OH
bowlingdude4 wrote:
Trevor wrote:
bowlingdude4 wrote:
tron777 wrote:
I've never had an issue here Jason. I stay logged in all the time and never get kicked out.

If I don't read something after about 15-30 minuntes it logs me out :) No problem I just log back in.

Do you have the the setting clicked to keep you logged on?

Probably not...LOL I will check...duh brain fart :)

Well now I can't find that setting, HELP :banghead:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:25 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:17 pm
Posts: 55026
Location: Burlington, KY
Anita.... on the log in page where you enter in your username and password, there is a box that you need to make sure is checked that will keep you logged in.

_________________
Lester Rhoads
Burlington, KY

Les's You Tube Channel
My Facebook Page

Follow me on Twitter! @LesterRhoads

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:26 pm 
Offline
Sprinkles
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:04 pm
Posts: 1140
Location: Winchester, OH
tron777 wrote:
Anita.... on the log in page where you enter in your username and password, there is a box that you need to make sure is checked that will keep you logged in.

OK, will look for it :) thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:21 pm 
Offline
Joplin Tornado
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:57 pm
Posts: 18370
Location: Bridgetown, Ohio, Green Township, west Hamilton county, Ohio
tron777 wrote:
Anita.... on the log in page where you enter in your username and password, there is a box that you need to make sure is checked that will keep you logged in.

I concur with Les and Trev etc... i have had the box checked for hours now and i have maintained my logged in status.... yay, it works. :wiggle: :thumbsup: :banjo: :banana: :woohoo: :sunny:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:43 pm 
Offline
Sprinkles
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:04 pm
Posts: 1140
Location: Winchester, OH
Theextremeone wrote:
tron777 wrote:
Anita.... on the log in page where you enter in your username and password, there is a box that you need to make sure is checked that will keep you logged in.

I concur with Les and Trev etc... i have had the box checked for hours now and i have maintained my logged in status.... yay, it works. :wiggle: :thumbsup: :banjo: :banana: :woohoo: :sunny:

Yes it does :woohoo:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:49 pm 
Offline
Thunder
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 pm
Posts: 2476
Location: Anderson Twp.
Hey Jason...no biggie! I had gotten in to the habit of logging on anyhow. It was nice when I am at work and really have to shut down my presence online...but my boss counts on me for weather updates so generally, it's ok. I just can't post. :D



Theextremeone wrote:
I like the new policy but feel dumb now, the other day i told WX mom that unlike SEW, she don't have to log in to read most of the posting here and now you do but she probably understands. i just clicked the box to log in automatically each time i visit so if that works, i won't have to enter my user name and password... i hope it works because before, the system would log me out automatically with about 15 minutes of inactivity where at SEW, i would just stay logged in 24/7... come to think of it, that was probably not the best move since folks assumed i was on line there and lurking when i may not of even been home ! :!:

_________________
Gina

"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
Abraham Lincoln


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A Slight Forum Policy Change
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:06 pm 
Offline
Cumulonimbus
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:33 pm
Posts: 787
Location: Hubertucky Heights,OH
tron777 wrote:
We made this change because we do not want non-members to be able to access the information and forecasts of the talanted members that we have here. :D


Sounds good. Those people at another site might be plagiarizing our posts. Let them think for themselves :D. If they can do that, they would be smart enough to get out and not pay to post

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


SubIPB3.0 Designed by Lee Gao - http://6.dot.ch/.
Updated by Aaron Renner.
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group